Chapter XXVII

"Kenneth! Aurora!" The paparazzi call our names as we walk down the red carpet. We stop to take pictures before continuing to walk.

There were many famous artists here from all over the world like Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Kim Chiu, Gong Yoo, and even BTS came to perform.

"We are going to escort you to the backstage," one of the bodyguards states and we follow them. We are led backstage where the models were getting ready.

"Good luck out there girls," I state and they all give me wide smiles.

"Get me the Australian night gown!" Augustin calls to his assistants. He walks over to me. "We need to get you changed!"

"I'll see you later," Kenneth states as he pecks my forehead. I walk to Augustin to one of the changing rooms.

I strip out of the white spaghetti strap dress and change into a white dress with roses knitted on the right side. I slip on the matching white heels.

"Perfect!" Augustin states as I walk out. "I will go place this in its bag." Augustin walks away and I head towards the stage entrance.

"Are you ready misses Hathaway?" One of the crew members from the sound and light prep asks and I nod as they hand me the microphone.

People were in their seats and I stare at the thousands of people. I take a deep breathe and head out to the stage and people begin to cheer.

"Welcome to the fifth annual Elusive New Year's fashion show," I begin. "Thank you all for coming, tonight we are here to spread a message," I continue. "Now in days, society's definition of beautiful is a girl who is tall and skinny, this leads many girls to feel insecure of their body shape, but Elusive believes, I believe that every girl is beautiful no matter what they look like. Not only girls, but boys as well. Everyone should be happy with who they are and how they look like. If you are skinny that's great, if you aren't, that's great as well. Why have millions of people who are all the same, when you can have billions of people who are each...one of a kind."

One of a kind, appears on the screen behind me, people begin to clap, and the melody for Hailee Steinfield's song Most Girls begins playing before she steps onto the stage. She hands me a smile which I return as I walk back backstages.

"Good luck girls," I state as my models walk into the stage to join Hailee Steinfield.

"Alright, my other models get dressed!" Augustin states as he and Clifford usher the girls into the changing rooms once their makeup is finished.

"Alessia Cara is next on stage, followed by Daya, and then Imagine Dragons." One of the sound crew members informs.

As the models who were on the stage begin to come back they are ushered to the get dressed into the next outfit.

"I'm so nervous," Adely, a girl with olive skin and curvy body figure states.

Caitlyn gives her an assuring a smile. "Everything will be okay," She states. "Just breathe."

I can't help but smile at her. She had helped the other models and I was proud of her.

"Alessia!" The girls squeal and she smiles at them before she is escorted to the stage.

People clap as Alessia walks into the stage singing Scars to Your Beautiful. The models walk to the stage in their assigned formation.

"We have a problem with one of the gowns!" A model calls and we walk over to her. The wings attached to her gown had fallen out of place. I grab the emergency kit and take out a needle and string along with some clips.