Chapter V

"He was being such a gentlemen. Those two are madly in love, I know it." The store attendant from earlier said to the reporter.

I push the power button before the television screen goes black.

"You were being nice to me so the reporters would think we're in love?" I ask.

"Why else would I be nice to you." Kenneth answers.

Though I knew there had to be a reason as to why Kenneth would be nice to me, a part of be hoped he was being nice because he wanted our relationship to work. Maybe not romantically but as friends.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I ask as my arms cross over my chest.

Kenneth eyes cloud with darkness. "Oh stop with the act already." He states.

I stare at him confused as my eyebrows knit together. "What act?" I ask.

"You may have everyone else fooled but not me," Kenneth continues. "You know what you did and soon, I will make sure everyone else knows, too!"

"I don't what the hell I did, or what are you are talking about, so don't blame for something I don't even know I did!" I snap.

"You know what you did!" Kenneth exclaims as he slams his hand on the wall trapping me in between.

"I know you didn't want this marriage and neither did I," I reply. "But it's not my fault."

There was a light knock on the door. I push past Kenneth and walk over to the old fashioned door.

"Hey, I'm Jane." A girl with brown hair and matching brown eyes, around my same age states.

I give her friendly smile. "Hey, it's an honor to meet you Jane. You're Mrs. Zamora's eldest daughter, right?"

"Yeah." She answers. "I wanted to formally introduce myself to you. My husband is busy with work right now but you'll meet him tonight during dinner."

"I'm Aurora and this is my husband Kenneth." I reply as Kenneth appears next to me.

"Charmed." Kenneth states shaking Jane's hand.

"I hope you guys are having a nice stay." Jane replies. Her phone dings and she looks down at it. "I have to go right now but I will see you guys during dinner."

I smile and nod before she walks away. The door closes with a click and silence fills the room.

"I should probably start dressing up." I state as I walk to the the bed and pick up my dress.

*          *          *

I place the makeup products back in my bag before slipping on my beige open-toe pumps.

"They are waiting for us downstairs." Kenneth informs as he walks in to the room dressed in a black suit and tie.

"Alright, lets go." I state.

Kenneth and I walk down the stairs and enter the grand dinning room.

"You really look like your father." Mr. Zamora states as he greets Kenneth. "He and I went to school together."

Kenneth was a bit taken aback. "I did not know my father and you went to school together."

"College to be exact." Mr. Zamora answers.

"Aurora you look lovely." Mrs. Zamora compliments and I give her a smile.

"Thank you," I reply as I hug her. "You look stunning as well."