chapter 2 - dudeee!

going to have a corresponding photo for each chapter

going to have a corresponding photo for each chapter.. (:
-
jack's pov

"okay so? care to tell me what todays news was about?" mom says, driving and her eyes only leaving the road for a second to smile at me. "seems like you got pretty interested in it."

my breathing shakes for a second before i feel my face get warm. "i have no idea what the hell you're talking about."

i decide to look down on my phone, as an attempt to hide it from my mom. "anything the news says is bullshit and uninteresting. i have no cares for anything about it."

"you sure? that looks like one of those youtuber girls on your phone right now."

i look up at my mom, face flushed and quickly shove my phone into my pocket. how'd she see i was on lexi's instagram? "gosh lady! can you please just drive me to school?" mom just laughs. i tap my leg as i look out the window, too embarrassed to even think.

finally, it seemed like forever, but we reached school. i don't even bother to say anything to mom before i rush out of the car, because i already know she'd tease me because she knows i embarrass easily.

because it's a little chilly out, i shove my cold hands into the pockets of my grey hoodie, and make my way to v teams spot. which by the way, the v team basically consists of all the people in the losers club. i listen to music by mac demarco with my earbuds in as i push past all the artsy wannabes that fill my school. but at the same time, i keep my head up to look around, as an attempt to find that head full of blonde hair that i can't get out of my mind.

"dudeeeee!!!!" i hear faintly in the midst of my music, coming from behind me. i knew it was finn's voice right away.

i turn around. "dudeee!!" i say back, taking out my earbuds out. smiling and going to finn, giving him a big handshake and bro hug. this dude was my main man.

i take off my beanie and shake my hair before walking with finn, questioning, "hey? why aren't you at the table? where are we going?" usually, in the morning my friends and i all sit at a table in the courtyard. it's a pretty serene and quiet area to stay at in the morning because it's surrounded by trees, and far far away from the lunch room where most people stay.

"well, you know that play some people are performing in english? someone asked me if i could help and play a role for them. they also needed someone else, so i also said you'd do it too." finn says shyly, while looking down.

"hmmm... is this a specific someone?" i tease, shoving finn and laughing. i can already tell he's blushing.

he just ruffles his hair and checks the time on phone before pushes me back. "maybe... you know katelyn? i think i told you about her already." his smile is so big right now. it's adorable.

i jump up and push him again, enthusiastic. "no way dude! just a few days ago you said she barely notices you? how the hell did you make this happen?"

finn just keeps walking and shakes his head, still smiling as big as ever. "why do you want to know? do you want someone to notice you too?" he asks, "because this only happened because sophia is such a good friend."

i hesitate before i say anything, because honestly i don't even know. i haven't even known who lexi was before this morning. i probably just think she's pretty? i don't know... i really don't know..

"well, here we are!" finn says, nervously fixing his jacket and jeans, awkwardly standing in front of the theatre door. "just stay quiet, okay? i don't want her to know i like her."

i just smile and give finn a thumbs up. don't worry dude, i'm too busy right now thinking about who i like right now anyway.

finn opens the door slowly, and steps in. i follow behind him before he approaches katelyn, and gives her a hug. it was kind of cute, honestly. it didn't look like she expected it, but it did look like she appreciated it. they talked casually as i decided to awkwardly walk around, examining all the stage props and costumes.

me being me, i take a costume and i put on a feathery boa, and walk towards the two love birds.

"so what'd you need me for?" i ask in an accent, hand on my hip, and posture out like a sassy girl.

katelyn just laughs and looks up to finn, "care to tell him?"

finn struggles to speak for a little as him and katelyn just laugh at me, "well, we're reciting a scene from othello. i'm playing othello, katelyn is desdemona, and we need someone to be-"

"- the asshole father, brabantio." a gentle voice says, finishing the sentence from behind me. my heart flutters as it got me by surprise. i quickly stop my act.

it was her. the frail blonde that appeared on my tv screen this morning. i didn't even hear her enter? but, now, obviously i realize she's here.

she just stands there, looking at me, as a smile slowly forms on her face. which then turns into a laugh. my heart is still fluttering, and i feel my face warm up once again like this morning. i realize she's laughing at me, and i remember that i was wearing a pink feathery boa. i just awkwardly laugh, and quickly take it off before putting it on the rack i got it from.

"seriously katelyn? this is who you chose to act as a mean, strict dad?" lexi scoffs, walking past me and straight towards katelyn, grabbing papers from her hands.

i stay there, still awkwardly watching her. did i already mention how my heart is still beating faster than usain bolt? i'm guessing my thoughts were showing up on my face, because when i looked over at finn, he mouthed the words, "you okay dude?"

i just shake my head and mouth back, "no dude, no."