chapter 6 - donut boy

the cute edits lexi secretly keeps on her phone

the cute edits lexi secretly keeps on her phone. jack secretly has the same edits of her on his phone too. ^^
-
lexi's pov

this was the night, and honestly it's all too overwhelming. first of all, it's literally only three, three hours before the show, and i'm already freaking out. freaking out over what to wear, how to act, how the night is going to turn out. everything is just a mess.

this was my third outfit i've tried on. it's a cropped beige shirt, with high waisted shorts and fishnets. i put a black cardigan on over, just in case it gets cold. but i'm not sure. does it look like i'm trying too hard? i don't want to come off as too desperate towards jack, but at the same time i don't want to seem uninterested.

it also didn't help that katelyn wasn't replying to any of my messages. on her snapchat story it seemed like she's been with finn all day, so i guess i understand.

oh well, i decide to just wear the outfit i'm currently wearing because i don't feel like finding anything else.

"i have nothing to dooooooo." i say outloud, while slamming my body onto my bed.

then, a thought occurs to me. why not just pull a finn and katelyn? text him, lexi. hang out with him a little before the concert so that you're less awkward.

i pull out my phone, and hesitate for a little, but eventually start to message jack.

-

baby grazer🤗:

heyyyy, you excited for later?
sent at 3:23 pm

Hell yeah! it's going to be so much fun. ❤️
sent at 3:23 pm

sameeeee
anyway
i was thinking, since katelyn and finn are already together, why don't we spend time together before the concert?
sent at 3:24 pm