chapter 8 - knock knock

jack the second he got home

jack the second he got home. he couldn't believe that he kissed lexi and that all that stuff happened. he felt like the luckiest guy in the world, and he couldn't stop thinking about it. ^^

lexi's pov

it's been a few days, but it still feels like the kiss happened just yesterday. it's literally all that runs through my mind, and because of that, it's constantly fresh.

yeah, we kissed. but, we still aren't dating. i know, it's weird. it's just the second that we stopped our heated session, all we did was dance and sway in each others arms without saying a word. once the concert was done, i was half awake so i just barely remember jack giving me a piggy back ride home.

i think it's most likely because both jack and i were still in so much shock, we couldn't think of anything other than the kiss.

like i said, it's been a few days, and in those few days, jack and i have not spoken to each other at all. for one, i'm too nervous to even look at him, because every time i do, our eyes connect and i can't look away. second of all, i have no idea or clue why jack hasn't spoken to me. maybe he's nervous just like me? but i dont know... don't know for sure....

it was wednesday(my dudes), and so i was walking to school with headphones on, and texting katelyn.

kat🐱💕:

are we rehearsing this morning?
sent at 5:53 am

depends. will jack be there? we really need brabantio to get through this scene lol
sent at 5:58 am

i dont even know
why r u asking me you already know that i haven't spoke to him in days
sent at 5:58 am

ya im sorry..
i'm with finn rn
just told him to text jack so you better be lookin cute today!!!!! (~:
sent at 6:00

the second she sent that text, i made it to school. i still had a few more minutes of walking though, because the theater was close to the back of the school. thankfully, i got to school pretty early so there weren't any people i had to struggle to walk past. it was just me, and the cool morning breeze.

it did make me nervous to think of having to interact with jack after not doing so for days, but, i knew eventually it would come.

i arrived to the theater before jack, and said my hello's to katelyn and finn, whom were flirting by the dressing rooms by the way, and made my way into a room. i sat down in front of the vanity, and fixed myself up.

i sighed as i noticed my dark circles and acne spots. it was because of jack.

as i slowly finger brushed through my wavy blonde hair, my thoughts lingered over jack. about how would our meeting be after not speaking for a while, about how if we're still going to have that spark, or if we're just going to just completely ignore each other, and not even speak other than what lines he has to go over.

to my surprise, a low, faint knock came upon the dressing room door.

my stomach dropped as i could only think of one person who would be behind that door.

jack.

- AUTHORS NOTE -

OOF IM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT, ITS A FILLER CHAPTER. IM ALSO SO SORRY HOW I HAVENT UPDATEd iN WEEKS!! I'LL TRY TO GET BACK TO WRITING MORE!!!