chapter 3 - better dad

jack when he saw lexi lol

-
lexi's pov

i couldn't fricking believe it. my friend katelyn was actually getting the man she dreamed of dating? and then there's me. jack looked so annoyed when i walked in. i swear to god, he's so cute and i've liked him since forever, not just because he was a big actor in the movie IT. but sadly, he obviously has never noticed me or cares for me.

so, i'm trying my best right now to act as calm and collected as i can, and treat him just like any other guy.

it was so goddamn hard to just walk past him like that. he smelled so nice too. but it's what had to be done. i walked over to katelyn and her-soon-to-be boyfriend and snatched the script from her hands.

i walk towards jack without making eye contact. gotta treat him like any other guy, remember?

i hand him over a script, "ready to be a dad?" my remark causes him to smile, which inevitably, makes me smile too. god damn it, it's just so perfect and captivating.

"oh yeah, definitely, a way better dad than you think." he says, winking at me. then starts to read through his script. i just roll my eyes, and again play cool. but you already know, on the inside, my insides are literally turning to mush.

i then go to finn and katelyn, and hand them their scripts, "there ya go, lovebirds." purposely trying to get katelyn to blush. i just loveeee embarrassing my friends. especially around their crushes.

katelyn just shoots me a look, and looks up at finn, awkwardly laughing. "i'm pretty sure she means our roles." finn just awkwardly nods and reads his script. god, they were both redder than tomatoes.

"alright you guys, a couple minutes left then you come out, okay?" i tell them, looking both at the couple and jack. it felt as if his eyes never left me, "i'll be in the front row waiting to direct."

before i step out, jack stops me, "can we put costumes on?" he asks jokingly. i laugh and nod my head, "do whatever you feel is best for your role."

finally, i was alone in front of the stage, and was able to breath and think. i still couldn't believe this was all happening. when i instructed katelyn to get two guys for my play, i didn't expect her to bring our crushes out. i didn't even know she them! they're were just so big and popular, the chances of it happening were so small...

all of a sudden the bell goes off. i check my phone and see the time reads "7:00". i guess i was so caught up in everything i lost track of time. i hurry back backstage and realize no one was there. it was understandable though, since our school has a strict no tardy policy.

as i grabbed my things and was about to leave, i heard shuffling behind me. i slowly turn and to my surprise, it was jack. and he was changing. im guessing he was putting on a costume when the bell rang.

"hOLY SHIT ! Im SO SORRY OMG" i screech, frantically struggling to cover my eyes. i just saw a flash of jack's bare body and i am so shaken right now.

i don't see anything, but i hear him moving around. "i'm sorry oh god, i was just, i was-"

"just, dont worry about it okay? i'm just going to step outside." but before i do, i feel a warm hand grab mine, i look hesitantly behind me to see jack, now fully clothed.

quickly, jack let's go, and awkwardly laughs. "i'm sorry, i don't why i just did that."

"no, it's okay, what'd you need?" i ask, my heart beating like crazy.

he just smiles and walks down the hall with me, "um, what class do you have right now?"

"i'm a student aid, so basically a free period." why was he asking this? gosh, i need to calm down asap.

jack smiles and shoves me playfully, "that's awesome! i do too, so maybe we can practice more?"

i smile back and shove him, "of course, that'd be great."

and as the late bell rings signaling anyone who is out is tardy, jack and i just laugh as we stroll down the empty hall. enjoying each others company and warmth.