Jack Frost

I wake the next day to frost throwing some clothes on top of me. I groan and remove them from over my face, sitting up to look at him.

"What's this?" I ask holding up the garments.

"You're training clothes. You still want me to teach you, right?"

"Yeah but it's still dark!"

I point to the window, flopping back down on to the bed.

"I always start training at this time. There's fewer people around."

Now get dressed we're going for a run," Frost walks out of the door laughing to himself.

I get out of bed. I put on the grey sweat pants, white t-shirt and grey hoodie. I can't believe he's making me run at this time. I meet Frost downstairs near the front door, he's also wearing grey sweat pants and a grey hoodie.

"Twins," I say laughing to myself, Frost smiles and rolls his eyes.

He passes me a pair of running shoes, opening the door ushering me out into the early morning air.

"Try to keep up" he says as he starts running.

"So much effort!" I complain whilst attempting to keep up with Frost's pace. After a while we come to a stop outside a little coffee shop.

"You've done well, come on I'll get you some breakfast."

"Thank you!"

Frost opens the coffee shop door for me. I step in.

"Go pick us a table and I'll order."

"Thank you!" I say as I walk over to a table near the window. He soon follows. He places a hot chocolate and a muffin in front of me.

"I didn't have you down as a coffee kind of girl."

He says flashing me a smile

I smile back "you are correct, thank you. You've been so kind to me since... well since J gave me no choice but to stay with him." Frost sits opposite to me with his coffee.

"You mean since he kidnapped you Jessie, I thought you could use a friend "

He is so sweet. I don't know what I'd do without him. All the stuff I've been through whilst living with J, he helped me through it all.

"So Frosty, what's you're real name?" I say leaning back on the chair.

"Frost is my real name. It's just my second name. My first name is Johnny. Johnny Frost."

"Johnny Frost. I like it."

"What about you? Tell me about yourself. We spend time together but I've never really had chance to ask what you did before all of this."

"Well... I work.. or worked as a tattoo artist. My family moved out of Gotham a few years ago but I stayed behind. I live, lived on my own in a little apartment. It was a simple life but it was nice."

"Sounds great."

"What about you?" I question him.

"I was a thug as a kid, I got involved in gangs. They gave me money so I could afford to take care of my mom and two younger sisters. My dad walked out when we where young and I became the man of the house. I got sent to pick up J from Arkham one time and he took a liking to me. I've worked for him ever since."

"You've been involved in crime all this time yet looking at you I don't see it. I don't see a criminal Johnny."

He smiles and looks down at his coffee cup.