eleven | baubillious

LYRA'S HEART THUDDED IN HER CHEST as she stood between her parents, each of their wands pointed at her; one at her head, the other at her throat. A few to their left, Hermione was whimpering under the grasp of a Death Eater whose name Lyra could not recall; and to their right, Bellatrix Lestrange yanked Neville's head back by his hair and pressed the tip of his wand to her throat. Ron, Luna and Ginny were each restrained, as well, leaving only Harry standing by the strange stone arch as Lucius approached him with a cold laugh.

"Were you honestly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us?" He sneered at Harry and held out his hand for the globe. "I'll make this simple for you, Potter. Give me the prophecy now... or watch your friends die."

"Don't give it to him, Harry!" Neville shouted.

But he wasn't listening. One look around at his friends being held at wand-point was all the motivation Harry needed to listen to Lucius. As he handed over the prophecy, Lyra suddenly yanked herself away from her parents. "Harry, no!"

"You stupid girl!" Sarafine screeched, reaching forward and grasping Lyra by the wrist. She tried to yank her back, but Lyra held her ground. She focused on the powers that seemed to flare up whenever they wanted and willed for them to do so now. She was angry, she was afraid, and she was desperate for her friends to survive the night.

Lyra's hand began to glow as the blue electricity spread from her delicate skin and into her mother's. Sarafine cried out in pain, falling to the floor in agony due to the stronger magnitude of the shock. Maverick lunged for the young witch, but she stumbled out of his reach. He seemed to think better of trying to touch her again and yanked out his wand. "Cruci --"

"Expelliarmus!" A sudden voice shouted, and Maverick's wand flew out of his hand as Lyra turned around in shock. Sirius Black was standing near the stone arch, having been the one to disarm her father before turning an angry gaze onto Lucius Malfoy. "Get away from my god-son," he snapped. In the next second, he punched the blonde man right in the face, seemingly preferring a physical attack to a magical one. Lucius fell to the ground at the blow, dropping the prophecy from his hand and subsequently shattering it.

One by one, members of the Order appeared -- Tonks, Lupin, Kingsley, Moody... They were all there, and a massive duel between them and the Death Eaters began. Lyra ran over to Harry in the midst of all the fighting, wanting to get out of the middle of it all. "Stay close," Harry told the girl, knowing she wasn't good at dueling yet for obvious (and admittedly regretful) reasons. A jinx was directed their way, and the two of them ducked to the ground to avoid it. Sirius retaliated at the Death Eater responsible, then directed both of them around the arch and out of the line of fire. 

"Now, listen to me," he told them urgently. "I want both of you to take the others and get out of here."

Harry's eyes widened. "What? No! I'm staying with you."

Sirius shook his head. "You've done beautifully," he assured his god-son. "Now, let me take it from here."

A hex hit the arch above them, and they all looked over to see Lucius and Maverick teaming up against them. Harry pushed Lyra behind the two of them as he and Sirius began dueling the Death Eaters. She watched with bated breath, her knuckles white as she clutched her wand tightly. In that moment, with everyone battling against each other, Lyra felt utterly helpless because she couldn't do much other than occasionally shock people by touching them. But getting so close to the Death Eaters now was dangerous, and nearly impossible.

The only thing she was really good at was casting a shield charm; which she was ready to do at any moment, if need be. But Sirius was somehow able to disarm her father again, and he dove off of the platform to try and retrieve his wand.