thirty | heavy

HARRY'S EARS WERE RINGING WHEN HE CAME TO, THE SUN SHINING DOWN ON HIM THROUGH A CANOPY OF LEAVES

HARRY'S EARS WERE RINGING WHEN HE CAME TO, THE SUN SHINING DOWN ON HIM THROUGH A CANOPY OF LEAVES. He squinted, rolling onto his side as a groan escaped his lips. His body was sore, but he didn't exactly know why. A few feet to his right, the locket glinted and caught his attention. He moved over and grasped onto it, frowning as the ringing in his ears stopped and was replaced with the sounds of groaning. As he turned in the direction the sounds came from, he was met with the sight of Lyra laying on the ground, writhing in pain. Hermione hovered above her, fighting to tear off Lyra's jacket so that she could take better care of her wounds. Ron was knelt at Lyra's other side, mumbling encouraging words to Lyra and trying to hold her still so that Hermione could accomplish that task.

Seeing Harry up and moving, the brown-eyed witch yelled out to him. "Harry! Harry, quickly, in Lyra's bag― there's a bottle labeled Essence of Dittany!"

He fumbled to grab Lyra's bag off the ground, trying his best to find what Hermione needed, but his hands were shaking and everything kept falling out of his grasp. "Hurry up!" Ron exclaimed impatiently when Lyra cried out in pain, her blue eyes staring at nothing in particular as tears slipped down her cheeks. "Harry!"

Grabbing his wand, Harry pointed it inside the bag. "Accio dittany," he said, breathing a sigh of relief when the bottle shot into his palm.

"Unstopper it," Hermione told him as he hurried over to their side.

Harry blinked, staring at Lyra in shock now that he was closer and could see her wound better. Her right arm now sported long lacerations, so deep that you could see the tendons, and it was bleeding profusely. "Hermione, her arm..."

"I know, just do it!" She shouted at him, grabbing it from him once he opened it up and held it out to her. She looked down at Lyra, tears brimming in her brown eyes as she said, "Okay, it's gonna sting a little bit."

"What happened?" Harry asked, grabbing onto Lyra's left hand and using his free one to help Ron hold her still. "I thought we were meant to be going back to Grimmauld Place."

"We were, but―" She paused as she murmured to Lyra, "it's alright, one more, one more." Applying the last few droplets of dittany to the wounds, Hermione continued answering Harry's question. "We were there, we were there, but― but Yaxley still had hold of Ron, and I knew once he'd seen where we were, we couldn't stay, so I'd brought us here..."

"Lyra grabbed Yaxley's wrist and shocked him so that he'd let go of me," Ron explained further, feeling guilty for inadvertently being the reason his friend was in so much pain. "Otherwise, I might not have made it out of there... but she got splinched in the process."

As Hermione finished applying the medicinal substance to Lyra's wounds, the brunette finally stopped writhing and groaning in pain. Harry took Hermione's place at her right side once the brown-eyed witch stood and walked away, beginning to cast protective enchantments around the area they were in. Lyra looked up at Harry, her blue eyes finally seeming clear, as though she were actually seeing him instead of staring off blankly― but in the next breath, her eyes fluttered shut and she drifted into unconsciousness.