8

I'm sure you're sick of the author's notes but I really want to thank the first person to comment on this book and dedicate this chapter to elisapaja . Again, Ik it ain't much, but it really made my day => thank you!

•••

Nami leaned a bit over the railings, watching the calm ocean. Now that the fog was slowly lifting up, she could tell that it was a rather pleasant day. The cool wind that was slowly blowing didn't let you feel the heat of the sun that was still pretty strong. The weather was now of an early autumn. She thought that it was too bad that she couldn't enjoy the atmosphere at its fullest because of her dumb captain. She knew it wasn't his fault but she still couldn't help but feel that stingy feeling when she thought of that so called Pirate Empress. How could she ever compete with Hancock? After all, she was being considered the most beautiful woman in the world for a damn reason. She let a deep sigh out when she saw Robin with the corner of her eye. She knew that her friend was waiting for her to start the conversation by saying what was bothering her, so she didn't hesitate.

"How am I supposed to compete with that woman, Robin? I don't even begin to compare with her in beauty nor in strength", Nami sighed looking at her feet.

"I don't think that there's any competition in Luffy's eyes. To tell you the truth, I strongly doubt that Luffy would hesitate for even a split second if it were to choose between you and Hancock. Sure, she helped him during the Paramount War but that's all. There's no way Luffy would choose her over one of his nakama", the raven haired girl concluded with conviction, making Nami feel a little bit better. Even so, she wasn't fully relieved.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, everyone was looking at Luffy, waiting for him to say whatever he had to say. Without any trace of embarrassment or hesitation, he spoke his mind:

"There's been something bothering me for quite the time now. It began about two months after I started my training with Rayleigh. I found myself thinking about Nami a lot and this weird, yet pleasant feeling would appear every time I thought about her or pictured her smile and now that we're all together again, I feel like I want to be with her more and more but she keeps hitting me and giving me the feeling that I annoy her and it's really a pain in the ass that I don't know what's going on with me", he said without taking a single breath, while looking at his crew with big, innocent eyes.

Zoro instantly face palmed while the rest of the guys looked at him, somehow shocked, not expecting Luffy, of all men, fall for Nami. In fact, they never expected him to fall in love at all.

"How are we even supposed to explain this to him? "

The others shook their heads, not knowing how they were supposed to approach this subject with a person like Luffy.

"You guys know what's going on, right? So just tell me already!"

"Well, Luffy, it means that you love her", Sanji made courage and tried to explain.

"But I love you too guys and I've never felt this way for any of you", Luffy innocently said.

"Luffy-san... that'd be terrifying", Brook said with a serious voice.

"Yes, that surely would", Usopp agreed with a scared look on his face.

"I don't even want to think about it."

"Me neither."

"It would be worse than the hell I've been training into."

Their voices grew more serious and terrified with every second.