9

Soon enough, they reached the island and docked the ship.

"Okay, we should see who is to stay and guard the ship and who-"

Sanji didn't even get to finish his phrase as he saw his captain launch himself on the island.

"This is going to be a long day."

"I'm going after him", Zoro was the first one to offer as he couldn't wait to get off of the ship for a few hours and restock his sake supplies.

"Hold it right there!" Nami stopped him and she walked towards him.

"I'll come with you. There's no way you will be able to find him and you'll only give us more trouble by getting lost."

'Also I have to return this to him' she thought while touching the straw hat that was still in her possession.

"Then, I'll go and buy some food and ingredients. Franky, would you come help me?" Sanji said as he was ready to jump off.

"You can SUUPER count on me."

"I need to buy medicine and look for some herbs. I also wanna go to the book store."

"That'd sound nice", Robin smiled.

And so, everyone except for Brook and Usopp left the ship, heading to different locations.

"Not that way you idiot!"

***

It's already been an hour since Nami and Zoro went looking for Luffy. Zoro got lost in the first half of hour. Well, it was pretty impressive that he managed to stay put that long anyway. That until Nami took her eyes off of him for a second. The next thing she knew was that she was alone in the forest.

She decided to take a break as she was walking for some time now.

She took the hat off of her head and held it tight, smiling a bit when thinking of the events that took place earlier that day. Her cheeks caught a nice shade of red when she thought of how cute Luffy was after he almost kissed her. It was the first time she saw him blushing, and his innocence made him look like a child that was caught stealing candy.

As she was holding the hat at her chest, she saw a huge bug walk in front of her. It had the size of her palm and was shining purple.

"Luffy would certainly like this one", she giggled as she picked it up. She wasn't one to be good with bugs. Oh, not even one bit, but when picturing the smiling face with sparkly eyes of her captain at the sight of the bug, she thought it was worth it.

"God damn it! Since when am I so into his obsessions?" Despite that thought, she continued smiling and didn't throw the bug away. She really wanted Luffy to see it.

"I should really be worried about Zoro as he might never be able to get out of this forest all by himself so after I'll find Luffy, we'll have to go look for the other dumbass. Unbelievable!" she said as she ironically laughed. "The captain and his right hand, the biggest idiots ever."

She stood up and continued walking the path she saw Luffy take, while slowly singing a song she would remember from her childhood.

"I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail
Yes I would
If I could
I surely would

Away, I'd rather sail away
Like a swan that's here and gone
A man gets tied up to the ground
He gives the world
It's saddest sound
It's saddest sound"