16

-This is bad. Really bad!

Nami was panicking, walking in circles on the beach, trying to figure something out.

-Finding us is out of the question. They can't even avoid getting lost on this sea! They're, actually, in a lot more danger than the two of us! Luffy, we have to-

She stopped when the raven haired boy dragged her into a hug.

-L-Luffy! What are you doing?

-You're stressed out. I don't know why, but I'm getting the feeling that hugging you would make you feel better. So that's what I'm doing.

-I really appreciate the gesture and it does make me feel better, but, she stopped. She didn't want that moment to end. But it won't help the situation we're in.

-Nami. We can manage. We have food and water. And regarding the others, have a little more faith, will you? Luffy spoke on a calming voice while hugging Nami even closer, thing that really made her feel better. They'll be fine and I'm sure that they'll find a way.

The orange haired girl took a deep breath and nodded after Luffy let go of her.

-Hm? Is something the matter, Luffy? Nami asked when her captain seemed to think about something.

-Is it bad that I don't want to let go of you when I hold you? he suddenly asked, out of nowhere, leaving Nami speechless.

"What's all this about? Where did this come from? Does he really feel the same way I do? How the heck am I supposed to interpret this?"

-I... I d-don't know, she finally said, startling.

-Ooh! It must be because of that too!

-What is "that" supposed to mean?

Nami has never in her life been more confused. A thing after another!

-It doesn't matter. Now, let's eat! Luffy yelled while peeling off the skin from the huge animal to get to the meat.

-Wait a second! Don't eat it like that! Nami thought she should just forget what happened as it would be a waste of mental energy to try and figure out what her captain was thinking.

-Hm? Why not?

-Just wait a little, will you? I'll cook it.

-Are you, really?

-What's so surprising? It's not like I'm gonna eat raw meat until the others find us!

^^^

-One night has passed and all we can do is stay right here and wait! We've gotta figure something out! Who knows where they might be?! Brook said with a concerned voice.

-Wherever they are, they can handle their situation, Zoro started. That, of course, assuming they aren't dead. But what we have to do is focus on searching for them.

-Zoro! How can you even say that? Why're you so cold hearted?

-It's not that I don't care! He was now pissed. But, you tell me, what good would it make constantly thinking about them and panicking? Our job here is to work something out and-

-Keep your idea, marimo! Right now, we've gotta deal with that!

^^^

-MEAT! MEAT! MEAT! MEAT!

Luffy was walking in circles around the fire they made on the beach and couldn't wait to eat. He was really excited to eat Nami's food again so there wasn't any way he would just stay put.