11

Somewhere around 2 am, just when she was about to fall asleep, she saw a shadow in the form of a ship near the coast. She blinked twice to completely wake up and looked once more. Nothing was there. Absolutely nothing. Did she just imagine it? Maybe she did. The spot where she thought she saw the ship was too far away and there was no way she would leave the ship to go check. If someone was to get on the Sunny while she was gone, the others could be in trouble, so she just kept watch the whole night without closing an eye.

At about 5 am, looking down, she saw Sanji coming out of the men's room, heading for the kitchen. Sighing, relieved that she could finally close her eyes, she fell asleep right there.

***

Opening her eyes, the sun was already shining bright on the morning sky and Luffy's scream reached her ears, waking her up.

"Finally! I get to eat! I was so hungry!"

Nami figured that it was already time for breakfast but she didn't hurry. Rolling on her back, she closed her eyes and stood there for another ten minutes before standing up and coming down on the deck. As she was walking to the kitchen, she heard Usopp's voice:

"Oi, where's Nami?"

"I'm gonna go look for her", Luffy had already stood up, but was stopped by Franky.

"You should let her sleep. She took over my night shift so she must be tired."

"While we're still at it, hasn't anyone notice that she looks really tired lately?" Brook interfered on a worried voice.

"Now that you mention it... Is she sleeping well?" Chopper agreed.

"Well of course I don't sleep well as there's a certain someone on my mind 24/7" Nami thought, smiling at her friends' concern. It was, anyway, the first time she noticed that, when she was with Luffy in that cave, was the first time she had a decent sleep in a while. All the other nights, she would stay up, thinking of who else than her childish captain.

Entering the kitchen, she took her seat, pretending she didn't hear a thing and so everyone started eating.

After the meal, Franky and Chopper headed for the town to help the people there. Luffy insisted on going, saying he wasn't half bad at building things, remembering the tree fort he once built with Ace and Sabo. Sanji accompanied them too, as he had to cook for those who couldn't. Usopp wanted to go and check the surroundings too as he didn't have the chance to the other day and so, the only left on the ship were Zoro, Nami, Brook and Robin.

Nami looked towards the coast, tilting her head to the right. She really might've just imagined seeing things or the ship might've disappeared behind the coast real quick. Either way, she had to go and check, but going alone was out of the question. She suddenly blushed when she realized she was catching on Luffy's habits like the one when he tilts his head when thinking of something. Pushing that thought aside, she looked around the ship.

"Hey, Brook? Can you come with me? I have to go check something. It isn't far from here."

"Uh yeah! I'm coming now."

There was no way she would take Zoro with her, he would only cause her trouble by getting lost and Robin was taking a bath. She didn't want to bother anyone with this when she wasn't even sure of what she did or didn't see. And as Brook was the only one who didn't seem to be doing anything important, she thought he wouldn't mind taking a walk, especially considering he didn't get off of the ship ever since they got on the island.

***

"Say Nami-san? Where are we going?" Brook asked as he started slowly playing his guitar.