twelve

Destiny had noticed something unusual about her father. He would come home visibly happier as if there was someone special in his life. Someone new.

When she told Sarah about it, Sarah assumed Maximilian was dating someone. That had frustrated Destiny. Was her father trying to replace her mother? It made sense. It wasn't like he had been married to or at the very least engaged to her mother. But it was still saddening her.

She didn't want to share the news with Riley and the gang. She knew they would pry too much and that was the last thing she wanted.

Right now it seemed like she only had Sarah and most of the times they had to be more discrete about their friendship. Destiny didn't want conflicts between her friends.

Talking about friends.

Destiny ended up learning that Matthews, her history teacher, and her father had become friends. And she had learned it at a public place when she had seen them. One day, while going back home from Sarah's, she had seen Matthews and her father in a pub. A blossoming friendship.

Destiny thought it was bizarre. Her history teacher and her father?

On top of that, time Maximilian wanted to throw some sort of meetings between the two families and the children, leaving Destiny in a situation in which she had to spend more time with Riley, who was eager to learn more and more about her new friend.

On the bright side, Tyler and Destiny had been seeing each other more often than usual, besides their daily meetings at the park. One night they had gone out, wanting to stay later on a school night. A little rebellion never hurt, as long as none of them became a friend of the police.

But their happiness wasn't going to last for long. Someone was lurking behind them. Wanting to catch them in the act. Whoever it was, he or she had a reason to do so. Maybe he or she liked Destiny? Or Tyler?

What if Tyler had a crazy ex? What if she was taping his little make-out session with Destiny and was planning to publish the video online?

A voice shouted, interrupted their sweet kisses:

"Who's there?"

They both froze.