thirteen

No one had found out who the mysterious person from the previous night had been. Tyler swore he didn't have any girlfriends before Destiny or any enemies. Destiny couldn't think of anyone either. The next few days she and Tyler had to be more careful and that irritated them. They were young people and wanted to have fun.

Speaking of fun, a school dance was coming up and Destiny and her friends were pumped. They had began preparing already, going shopping for dresses and trying on hairstyles and makeup. A few days before the dance, they had gathered again at Riley's as usual to try yet other hairstyles.

"I wish Tyler went to our school," Destiny confessed, dreamy.

Riley and Maya cooed, their voices interflowing into one. Isadora Smackle smiled, thinking of Farkle. She hoped he would ask her to dance with him.

On the night of the school dance, something unexpected happened. For a pleasant surprise, Farkle and Isadora had been pronounced as the queen and the king of the dance.

But that had not been the main focus of the night.

Lucas had made a mistake.

The girls had sat on a table, having a snack and a drink and watching the couples dance. They thought Farkle and Isadora danced very well. The chemistry between them was more than obvious.

Lucas approached the girls slowly, seeing how they were in their own bubble and he didn't want to startle them. He softly cleared his throat to catch their attention. But his eyes were settled on only one of the three girls.

"Destiny," he was gazing at her. He was unaware that she was taken. "Wanna have this dance?"

Riley and Maya's hearts were shattered.