fifteen

A few days after the terrible events that had shattered Riley and Lucas' romantic relationship, Destiny had just come back to school from a terrible sickness. Only she thought it was "a terrible sickness". In reality, she had only had an upset stomach, but her father had insisted she stayed at home and rest. And he was right. Sometimes, you had to stay home and catch up on things, like Destiny and the letters to the destiny. She had been neglecting writing for a while. How was she going to become a writer, if she didn't practise writing daily? 500 words a day made a chapter, so was the formula she had learned.

However, she dreaded going back to school. She couldn't stand the glares she knew she was going to get from Riley and the gang. Everyone probably hated her. The Kings of John Quincy Adams could possibly turn everybody else against her.

The Kings of John Quincy Adams.

She loathed that nickname their classmates had given to Riley and the rest. It sounded too powerful. It was making her feel even more intimidated by her company.

Destiny had almost reached the school, earphones plugged in her ears. She had planned to sit alone with her music, or with Sarah if she was at school. She didn't want anyone to bother her anymore and Sarah was the only exception.

When she entered the school she currently hated, she braced herself for the worst - people pointing at her and screaming insults on top of their heads or laughing their asses off.

Instead... nothing. No laughing. No glares.

What about the second floor, where most of her classes were?

Nothing again.

Everything seemed normal. Students were talking to each other. Destiny could make out the words "driving" and "courses". That was right. Most sophomores were already learning how to drive. Destiny, however, wasn't too worried. She was going to turn sixteen late in the summer, so there was no rush for her to pass any exams or prepare for them. No pressure from her father either. He had gotten his the summer before college, he had told her.

Destiny had to blink a few times, before realizing where she was. For her, school, for now, seemed like some sort of surreality, like a dream.

A certain group of people had to bring her back to present day. Riley and her "posse" approached her, making her gulp, feeling sweat forming.

"You have to come with us after school. It's very important," the leader declared, before smiling, as if that would ease the tension Destiny felt and walked off to class with the rest of the group.

Destiny reminded herself to change her schedule.