Chapter 9 -Silhouette-

Somehow the news didn't surprise Addison as much as she thought it would. It was almost obvious that Rocco would be some sort of warrior. 

"So that's how he got all those scars?" Addison asked. 

Andrew quickly shook his head. 

"No." Andrew walked over to Addison's side and bent down next to her, "We was abused as a pup." 

"A pup?" 

"Yes a pup. When he was just a child. He isn't human of course. He's a Creeture. That's his species name." Andrew explained. 

"This other things. Are they Creetures also?" Addison asked as she sat up slowly. 

Andrew shook his head again as he began to rub a cloth drenched in some sort of medicine on her forehead.

"Those are Animalas. Creetures enemies." He said. 

Addison nodded in agreement even though she still couldn't concentrate that well and could hardly understand a word he spoke. 

Andrew helped Addison to her feet and patted her on the back. She gave him a slight smile before it faded when Grimm came running into the ship, out of breath. 

"We're all dead!" She screamed. "Poloy and his army are coming! How are we gonna escape with this piece of junk!" 

Andrew and Addison gave each other terrified looks and rushed out of the ship and back into the humid rain forest. Danez stood next to Rocco, ready for an attack. Starla stood barking loudly next to them. 

"I d-don't what to do!" Andrew told everyone his voice trembling.  

Addison felt tears in her eyes. Her adventure had finally started and she had finally had friends but now she was just gonna die. It was impossible. 

Addison shook her head, "No. There must be something we can do!" 

Andrew put his hand on her shoulder and shook his head. 

"I'm afraid there isn't much." 

Addison wiped her eyes and folded her arms. She sighed and looked down at the her dirty converses. 

"This is it." She muttered to herself. 

Rocco looked over his shoulder at Addison and sighed. 

"Don't be so grim." He said with a chuckle after he cracked his pun. 

Grimm frowned and folded her arms, "Really? Now isn't the time for jokes Rocco." She glared at him. 

Addison slightly smiled and looked up at Rocco. He winked at her before turning back and scanning the forest for Animalas. 

There was a loud rustle throughout many trees around them before a male Animala jumped from the treetops and in front of Rocco. 

Addison stepped backwards and the male Animala and Rocco stared at each other for a short while before Rocco pulled out a small dagger from the inside of his boot so swiftly you could hardly tell what happened when the Animala dropped dead at his feet, blood pouring from its chest. 

"What the heck just happened?" Addison asked in astonishment, unfolding her arms. 

Rocco shook the dark red blood from his dagger. He laughed, "Stupid." 

Suddenly a loud cries came from every tree around them and over fifty Animalas came flying through the leaves and landing around The Outcasts. Addison let out a small cry when she was grabbed from behind by one. She watched in horror as each one of her friends except Danez and Rocco be grabbed and held hostage by Animalas.