Derek: Annoying sister

• Dedicated to Teen Wolf <3 It!

To my surprise Kristin somehow hadn't ruined my reputation... Yet. The students still kept their distance and acted like I had a proximity mine strapped to my chest. It amazed me how quick they were to believe the rumours that included animal torture although I guess it proved just how effective my glares and scowls were.
Laura knew something had happened, and that I had killed an innocent but she didn't know the details. Long story short I had gotten an alpha to give Paige the bite. I wanted her to be like me, but it was killing her and to end her suffering I had to kill her. Most of my family knew. It's not something you can hide. My eyes used to glow yellow before that night when I was in my werewolf form, but changed to blue after Paige's death. That was the worst day of my life, and the day I decided humans were better off without me but Kristin was breaking through my barriers.
"Come on Derek stop ignoring me," Laura whined as we walked side by side through the forest towards the river.
"I'll stop ignoring you when you stop asking stupid questions," I clenched my fists as I ducked under a tree branch. Laura was driving me insane with her questions about Kristin. I was getting to the point of pushing sticks into my ears. Sure I would've lost my sense of hearing but it would have been worth it.
"I saw you with her this morning."
"You were spying on me?" My feet started to stamp in protest and I had to concentrate on the singing birds, and surrounding trees to cage the beast inside of me.
"I heard a scream. I had to check it out," I saw Laura shrug from the corner of my eye.
"Whatever," I huffed and clenched my jaw.
The singing birds started to chatter and it sounded as though they were laughing at me, mocking me and I wanted to climb through the trees and scare the hell out of them, you know just to teach them a lesson.
"I don't get it."
"Don't get what Laura?" My voice hissed as her name passed through my lips.
"Well you like her and she likes you. Are you really going to ignore your feelings just because she is human?" I could hear the disbelief in Laura's voice. We were alike in many ways but very different in others.
"Why do you care? Why does it matter?" I gestured frantically with my hands.
"Okay fine you want to do this the hard way. We'll do this the hard way!"
"What are you talking about?" my feet continued to crunch under twigs and small rocks as I prayed that Laura would stop bugging me about Kristin. I didn't want to talk about my feelings. I wasn't a girl. I was a man and men didn't talk about emotions.
Laura grabbed my arm and spined me around so I was facing her, "If I pin you for three seconds you have to talk. If you win than I won't ever mention Kristin's name again. I promise and you know I never break promises."
"You can't be serious?" I chuckled. "You think you can beat me? No... It would be a waste of time," I started walking again and continued to laugh at the idiotic idea.
I had barely taken two steps before Laura had jumped me from behind and pinned me to the ground.
"You're such a chicken," She teased as she sat on my back. I needed to get my face away from the ground. I was breathing in dirt and it was getting stuck in my teeth. Not to mention it tasted awful.
"Fine you want to get your ass kicked. Let's do it," I got to my feet and Laura was on her feet ready and waiting for my move.
"No holding back and no shifting," Laura clarified.
Last time this happened we got too carried away with our claws and canines. It happened when our instincts took over which is why we decided on the no shifting rule although it wasn't easy to reject the shift when you were fighting, and the adrenaline was pumping through your veins.
"Agreed," I leapt and knocked Laura to the ground in one quick movement and had her shoulders pinned underneath my weight.
I had to win. I didn't want to talk about it about Kristin- not to my older sister or any family member for that matter.
"Not so fast little bro," She threw me off effortlessly and disappeared into the trees.
"You really think you can hide?" I snickered and started the chase relying on my sense of smell.
Bark, dirt, birds, insects and feral animals... They were all the scents that were calling out to me as well as the smell of burning wood which wafted from our chimney dominating over my sense of smell.
Bang! I heard a stone as it hit the ground to my right and another to the left. Laura was trying to distract me and a smirk curled on my lips.
"Why don't you stop hiding and face me?"
Laura's scent was everywhere and I couldn't pin point her position instead I started to rely on my hearing.
Bugs were buzzing and the birds were rustling in the trees although I heard no sign of Laura, but she was going to slip up and I had to make sure I was listening when she did. In that moment beating Laura was all that mattered.
All I needed was to find Laura's heartbeat, it would lead me straight to her. I just had to ignore the flapping wings, the chirping birds, buzzing insects and the animals and insects burrowing in and out of the soil.
"Why am I here? Are you going to shoot me and bury me?" I heard a voice in the distance to my right.
"No and we're here because we need to talk," I recognised Kristin's voice. They were near the old bridge by the river. I don't know why I went to Kristin in the morning. I should have ignored her but I couldn't.
"So what's with the crossbow?"
"I thought I could teach you how to shoot and maybe you could talk to me about everything."
Cross bow? Of course she had to have a cross bow just when I thought I was starting to understand her. I rolled my eyes at the thought.
"What makes you think I want to do either?"
"Denial only lasts so long Belle. It's okay to be angry and upset and I was thinking we could take it out on some trees."
Crash! Laura had snuck up on me while I was distracted. The air whooshed from my lungs and I saw stars spinning before my eyes.
"1, 2, 3."
"God damn it!" My fists clenched into balls and slammed against the ground as Laura got off of me and stood to her feet.
"Now you have to answer my questions," She extended her hand to help me up but I didn't take it.
I jumped to my feet without her assistance and gave her the most venomous scowl I could muster at the time.
"Do I have something on me face?" She smirked.
"Yeah my fist in about two seconds," I kicked at a piece of bark that shattered on impact and Laura laughed at my tantrum.
"Now stop eavesdropping on Kristin and focus on me," Laura leaned against a tree and I wanted to wipe the smug smirk off her face.
"Fine just hurry up," I took a deep breath and accepted defeat wanting and doing were two completely different things.
"You like Kristin."
"I don't know maybe... I guess."
"It wasn't a question anyway she likes you two so-" Laura started to rant.
"How do you know that for sure?" I interrupted not that it mattered.
"Because I've seen the way she looks at you and how she acts around you plus I'm a girl so I know this type of stuff."
"It doesn't matter anyway," I shrugged acting indifferent.
"Why because she's human? That's bullshit you can make it work if you really want too. I haven't mauled or hurt Paul, not once."
"Bet you've come close to it though; injuring him or spilling your secret right?" it was too easy to shift. It didn't matter whether you wanted to or not. There were triggers and sometimes you couldn't do anything to stop it.
"Practice makes perfect. If I can do it you can do it," Laura crossed her arms over her chest as if to reinforce her faith in me, but I wasn't so sure.
"You make it sound easy."
"That's because it can be, you just have to try."
"Well I fulfilled my end of the bargain and I'm talked out so I'm gonna go," I took a few steps forward before Laura blocked my path.
"Just think about it oh and have fun with Kristin," Laura smirked cockily before she pranced away.
"I'm not going to Kristin!" I shouted after her before listening for Kristin's voice.

"You got it you just need to aim," Kristin instructed Belle.
I couldn't ruin their bonding moment. Instead I headed home and listened into their conversation along the way. I was bored and it wasn't like they were talking deep and meaningful stuff.
"Are you sure? What if I hit an animal? I can't do it," Belle put the bow on the ground with a slight thud.
Kristin laughed, "Now I'm starting to realise how much of a pain in the ass I must have been to dad when he was teaching me."
"You were scared of hurting animals too?"
"Not so much scared as worried, but it's alright. The fear helps you shoot straight," Kristin coached Belle.
I was sick of feeling this way. Torn between wanting Kristin and needing to stay away. It had only been a few days but it felt much longer. It was a strange and foreign feeling of intense desire and the longer I ignored it the harder it hit me every time I heard her voice or saw her face.
You're pathetic just stop fighting it.
"Shut up nobody asked you," I snarled at myself.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTE... COMMENT... FAN... ADD TO LIBRARY... XOX