Derek: Major embarrassment

“You can’t be serious!” I exclaimed as Kristin changed the channel to America’s Next Top Model apparently it was her guilty pleasure.
I would have rather stabbed myself in both eyes repeatedly!
We were sitting on the couch and had the house to ourselves. Her sister Belle was at Lydia’s house whoever that was while her mother was at work and Nora was at my place. As soon as we walked through the door she made up a lame excuse of needing to borrow sugar.
Real subtle Nora. I rolled my eyes at the thought.
Nora was ecstatic that Kristin and I were dating. She was still 100% sure Kristin had the werewolf gene, and I wondered how long she was going to cling to that belief. Maybe until the day she died but that was no way to live.
“I’m very serious,” Kristin moved the remote out of my reach as I tried to grab it, her head was resting against my chest and I had my arm around her.
“Can’t you torture me some other way?” I pleaded and Kristin laughed as she sat straight and faced me.
“I will give you the remote on one condition,” Her smile turned into a smirk and I had an idea of what she wanted.
“Go on,” I encouraged her.
“Kiss me,” She demanded as her blue eyes sparkled mischievously.
“Why can’t you be one of the shy girls?” I sighed dramatically. I loved kissing Kristin, but it always got to heated to quickly. I hated having to stop just when the fun was starting, but I couldn’t risk shifting when I was with Kristin.
“Where is the fun in that?” she smirked.
“Okay but then I get the remote,” I agreed. How could’ve I said no. All I thought about was being with Kristin.
“Deal,” I inched my face closer to Kristin’s deliberately taking my time before pressing my lips against hers. While she was distracted I quickly yanked the control from her hands and pulled away.
“Hey no fair,” Kristin complained and I smirked before I shrugged my shoulders.
“You didn’t say it couldn’t be a peck,” I pointed out and she huffed in annoyance in return.
Since we had the house to ourselves I was worried Kristin would want to have sex. I wanted to but I still needed more practice at making out before I could even try that.
That alone was torture.
“Besides aren’t you going to ask me to the dance?” I fluttered my eye lashes and asked in a high pitched voice, trying to sound like a girl although I just sounded creepy. Like something out of a twisted horror movie.
The winter formal was on Tuesday in three days and dances definitely weren’t my thing but I didn’t want Kristin to miss out not because of me.
“I just assumed you wouldn’t want to go,” Kristin shrugged as I changed the channel to MTV. I wasn’t a huge fan of Pimp My Ride, but it was better than America’s Next Top Model.
“But do you want to go?”
“You would go?” Kristin asked shocked.
“For you,” I knew I sounded cheesy but it was the truth. Kristin was changing me and I didn’t care. I liked being with Kristin.
Seriously? Why don’t you just cut off our balls, put em in a pretty box and hand them over to her. My wolf raged.
“So you dance?” Kristin asked surprised.
“Yeah I could probably teach you a thing or two,” I teased and lied. I didn’t dance ever. Not in the privacy of my room and definitely never in public.
Kristin chuckled and then gave me an apologetic look, “I’m sorry. I just can’t picture you dancing,” Kristin laughed some more and I pretended to be hurt by her laughter although she didn’t buy it.
“Okay so I don’t dance but I can make it look like I know what I’m doing,” It can’t be that hard.
“But what about your image? People are going to stop thinking your psychotic,” Kristin pointed out as she shifted and sat in my lap facing me, and ran her fingers through my dark my hair. I felt so relaxed my skin, was tingling. I could have closed my eyes and drifted into a peaceful sleep.
I didn’t move her or even try to get up like I should have. I couldn’t and I didn’t want to. I had been squirming my way out of Kristin’s seductions for the past two hours and it was getting harder to say no.
Just do it, you can stop it before it goes to far plus it’s more practice. I told myself.
“I’ll deal with that when the time comes,” I replied as I rested my hands on either side of Kristin’s hips.
Kristin didn’t speak, instead she kissed me hungrily and continued to run her hands through my hair and I gathered she was happy I had finally accepted her advances. I was surprised I had been able to hold out for so long.
I was a guy after all.
Her tongue entered my mouth and I could taste the lemonade she had half an hour ago as well as the peppermint gum she had only thrown out a few minutes ago. It made the kiss sweeter and more intense.
The T.V faded out next until all I could hear was our heavy breathing and rapid heartbeats and then our kiss became deeper. Kristin was practically purring in my mouth as she pushed her body against mine.
Keep your cool. I coached myself.
My hands crept under her t-shirt, and they trailed up her back. I wasn’t thinking anymore, my instincts were taking over as my handscontinued to creep up to her bra clasp, although my fingers stopped over a few ruff bumps which sat in the middle of her back.
Kristin must have noticed me stiffen because she pulled away and looked at me taking a quick breath.
“They’re just a few scars,” Kristin replied un-phased but I was consumed with fear and worry. They felt like three claw marks.
Did I do that unintentionally during one of our make out sessions? No I couldn’t have. The scars have been healed for years plus I would have smelt the blood and Kristin would have felt it. I deliberated with myself.
“From what?”
“If I answer your questions can we get back to the good stuff?” she asked and I could hear the frustration in her voice.
“Sure.”
“It happened when I was like three or four. I was camping with my parents and my older brother Alex, and I got scratched by a feral animal a mountain lion or something,” Kristin replied sounding bored.
Mountain lion? Yeah right. I thought to myself.
It was obvious the scratches hadn’t infected Kristin which meant it was either a beta that attacked her or the claws only scratched the surface, but they weren’t small scars. I could tell they were deep by the amount of scarring. It must have been a beta. Kristin was the luckiest girl in the world. Her mother was a werewolf and she got scratched by a werewolf . . . How the hell was she not a werewolf?
I didn’t have time to ponder my thoughts because Kristin’s lips were back on mine again and we picked up from where we left. Our lips crashed together furiously as our tongues danced.
Kristin’s hands creeped under my shirt before they started to pull it up my torso. When we pulled away from our kiss I let her pull my shirt up and over my head, although I was hoping it wasn’t going to go much further. I had myself under control and I wanted it to stay that way.
Without a second thought my fingers gripped the bottom of Kristin’s shirt and I pulled it up over her head and threw it on the ground on top of my shirt. Kristin was wearing a yellow and blue bra and I wanted to take it off. Every part of me wanted Kristin all of Kristin but I couldn’t- not yet.
Our lips clashed together again with more force than before and I felt my hand instantly trail up Kristin’s torso which caressed her half covered boob and Kristin moaned in my mouth in response.
I expected the change to start instantly but it didn’t, not even as Kristin pulled away from the kiss and kissed my jaw and my neck. I had never been so relaxed, excited or turned on in my life and yet the shift still hadn’t started.
Remember not to get to cocky. My inner wolf reminded me although I shrugged him off. I was confident that I was going to be fine.
Kristin moved back to my face and left her lips hovering just inches from mine. I was about to kiss her before I heard her unclasp her bra. She threw it to the floor with our shirts and I felt my jaw drop to the ground as I stared at them for the first time.
After giving me a few seconds to stare Kristin’s lips were back on mine again, although I was still in shock until my instincts took over again. Kristin’s hands were running up and down my torso. My hands instantly caressed her naked breasts, and Kristin moaned in response which is when I felt it.
The shift was finally happening.
No, no, no please no!
I concentrated on Kristin’s heartbeat but the shift was taking over too fast. I had to jerk my hands away as my fingers turned into claws.
No, no, no!
I couldn’t stop it.
I gently pushed Kristin off of me and rushed to the bathroom and locked the door, watching in the mirror as my ears pointed, my eyes turned a very bright blue, and then the excess hair started growing on the sides of my face.
My wolf was taking over as my four canine teeth became thick and very sharp. I was losing control of myself- of my human half. Just because we were werewolves it didn’t mean we had to kill but I didn’t know what would happen if I shifted in front of Kristin. If she freaked out my wolf would feel the need to protect our secret or if we fought it could’ve easily ended up with me hurting her especially if my wolf felt threatened. Then there was the worst possible outcome of all, my wolf could feel the need to hunt- wolves are predators after all. It’s a part of their instinct to hunt other animals.
No, no please shift back. I don’t want to hurt her!
I dropped to my knees and tried to fight the wolf and cage him again.
Come on Derek you can do this!
“Derek are you okay?” Kristin spoke on the other side of the door and I felt the shift start to reverse immediately, and I sighed in relief.
I was literally one second away from finishing the shift completely which could have ended in disaster.
“Yeah, I just . . . I just,” What excuse was I going to come up with? What wouldn’t sound idiotic?
“Guy stuff?” Kristin asked from the hallway.
“Yeah I’ll be out in a second,” I splashed cool water on my face before I unlocked the door and faced Kristin. She had gotten dressed in her bra and t-shirt and I was grateful. The last thing I needed was to start shifting again.
“Oh I thought you were taking care of that?” Kristin’s gaze dropped down to my crotch area before she looked back at me.
I looked down to see a bulge in my jeans and I felt my cheeks start to burn. I had never been so embarrassed in my life.
“Come on, we can watch TV,” Kristin grabbed my hand and I felt the embarrassment start to die down. I was glad she didn’t make a big deal of it although I was still mortified. Actually that word didn’t even come close to explaining how I felt.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it? The song is one of my favourite Sum 41 songs of all time, what do you think?
VOTE... COMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX