Derek: Twenty four hours

It had been twenty four hours since Kristin went missing and we hadn’t heard from her captor. Courtney was still debating about whether or not to tell Kristin’s uncle the Sheriff, but it wasn’t like it was a normal abduction.
I was lying on the ground in the same place where Kristin and I had our first date just staring up at the sky. If I closed my eyes I could picture Kristin. I could see her beautiful blue eyes staring into mine and I could almost feel her lips as they brushed over mine until my eyes opened and I was brought back to reality.
For the past twenty four hours I had searched the town in desperation but I couldn’t find her. I hadn’t slept yet and I couldn’t even if I tried. All I could do was worry about Kristin and hope that she was still alive.
We’ll rip that bitch apart like we should have Julian. My wolf seemed just as pissed as I was.
I still didn’t know who had killed Julian but somehow I did know he was dead. I trusted my instincts because they were never wrong, it was also a wolf thing.
Snap. I heard a twig snap and I could smell the wolf as he approached. He was letting me know he was there which meant he wasn’t going to attack me.
He must know where Kristin is.
“I have a message for you,” he spoke as he came into view but kept his distance. He looked to be in his thirties and had red shaggy hair and dark green eyes.
“What is it? Where is she?”
“Come with me and I’ll take you to her.”
I hesitated. It was too easy.
“Follow me or don’t, the choice is yours,” he spoke before he started to walk away.
Without thinking my legs started to move forwards and I followed after him until he stopped walking. He opened the back sliding door of a white van. I was getting a terrible feeling but I couldn’t control myself.
“Get in,” he nodded his head towards the back seat.
I knew it was most likely a trap and that there was a strong chance that he wasn’t going to take me to Kristin, and that he was going to try and kill me and bury me somewhere, but there was the small chance that I was going to see Kristin again and I had to take it.
“Fine,” I replied and got into the back of the van.
What are you doing you idiot? You don’t even have a plan. You’re going to get us both killed! My wolf hissed and even though I knew he was right I ignored him. Kristin needed me, and I needed to see her.
“Sit tight,” he smirked before he closed the van door. The inside was pitch-black and I realised that the windows had been completely blacked out. The front of the van was separated from the back with a thick sheet of metal.
Real smart idiot! My wolf growled.
It will all be worth it when I free Kristin. I snapped back.
The car ride felt like it took hours although I knew I had only been in the van ten minutes tops before it came to a halt and the ginger man opened the door. I was expecting him to be holding a weapon although he wasn’t.
“Hurry up and get out!” He hissed and I complied. We were on the outskirts of town and at a small house which was surrounded by paddocks and trees although I couldn’t smell Kristin’s scent, all I could smell was some foul concoction of burnt herbs.
“Move into the house now,” Ginger demanded and I crossed over the short grass, up the weathered wooden steps and through the old wooden door which creaked noisily as I opened it. The whole house looked really old. The white paint that coated the outside of the house was peeling, and showing the rotting wood beneath it.
It was bare and looked abandoned. Dust covered the fire place as well the empty shelves and there were cobwebs in the corners of the room as well as all over the walls and ceiling.
“Where is she?” I demanded. He was leaning in the doorway.
“I’m not the one you should be asking,” he nodded behind me and that was when I sensed we weren’t the only two people in the room.
I turned and saw her. Her brown hair was tied back and her brown eyes were staring at me intently as she flashed her four sharp canine teeth warning me not to move, “Where is she?” I asked the one in charge.
“Do you know where my Julian is?”
“No I don’t know where he is now take me to Kristin!” I tried focussing. I tried to hear Kristin but I couldn’t hear anything other than our heart beats.
“You’re a fool why come here if you have nothing to offer?”
“Because I had no choice.”
“Because you love her?”
“Yeah so where is she?”
“I’ll let her go on one condition,” the woman smirked and I knew it meant very bad news at least for me.
“Fine whatever you want.”
 “Mate for mate,” she smiled.
Stop you idiot she’s going to kill us! My wolf demanded.
I don’t care I just have to get Kristin out! I replied silently.
“Fine let her go and you can have me,” I spoke before I felt a shooting pain in my back. The ginger head had stabbed me in the back. I wasn’t surprised. I had expected that I was going to get hurt, but all I had to do was free Kristin and then it would be worth it.
“I’ll see you soon,” I heard her speak before I felt something smack into the back of my skull.

“Derek,” Kristin’s voice woke me.
“Derek!” Kristin screamed again.
I started to open my eyes and saw Kristin sitting on a chair across from me. The anger flared. She was hurt and bleeding. I tried to move but I couldn’t fell anything below my waist, the knife must have cut my spinal cord, and it was still in my back preventing me from healing. I felt the rope tied around my right hand and it was burning, it must have been laced with Wolfsbane.
“Kristin what did she do to you?” There was a knife sitting in her shoulder as well as claw marks on her shoulders and bruises on her face, and as I looked down I saw the scratches on her legs which had torn through her jeans. I wanted to rip the woman apart for even touching Kristin.
“I’m fine. I’m not the one with a knife in my back. How deep is it?” Kristin worried although I was more worried about her. Kristin face was deathly pale and I knew she was close to bleeding to death.
“You don’t need to worry Kristin,” my breathing was heavy and I could feel my body dying slowly.
“Why did you come here? You walked right into a trap.”
“Because I had to. I thought I could save you,” I wasn’t expecting to be paralysed, well half paralysed. I was going to attack and distract them just long enough for Kristin to escape, but I had failed miserably.
“Awwww so sweet and cute too,” I heard the woman enter the room and close the thick steel door.
“Let Kristin go, you said you would. Mate for a mate remember,” I snarled and a look of horror washed over Kristin’s face as she realised I had traded her life for mine. She wasn’t meant to find out.
“I lied besides I still need to have some fun,” she spoke as she paused by my side and twisted the knife in my back. I yelled out in pain as it cut through muscle and I wished that the rest of my body was paralysed as well.
“Derek!” Kristin screamed and I watched helplessly as her eyes started to water.
Well I hope she is worth dying for because that’s exactly what is going to happen you moron! My wolf raged.
“I’m just getting started. I’ll stop when you tell me where Julian is,” she was speaking to Kristin who now had tears falling down her face.
“I don’t know. I swear I don’t know please,” Kristin was begging, “Please don’t hurt him anymore.”
“Wrong answer,” the woman replied before she moved and kneeled in front of me and that’s when I noticed her claws were out. I watched as she stood to her feet and then I saw her claws swiping towards me.
I held back the scream as both her hands connected with my face which was burning and it stung like a bitch. I knew my face looked horrific. I felt how deep her claws went. I felt them as they tore through my cheek and into the side of my mouth.
“Stop it! Stop hurting him I swear I don’t know anything. I swear please just stop, STOP!” Kristin was begging and crying and I hated that I had failed her. We were both going to die because of my foolishness because I didn’t think before I acted.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX