36 // protect him

Jungkook ran as fast as his legs could carry him to the one place he knew Jimin always went when he was upset. There was no music playing and he freaked out as he entered the dance studio.

"Jimin hyung!" He yelled as he opened each door, trying to figure out where Jimin was. "Jimin-ssi!"

Jungkook was about to call Jimin as he opened the last door when he saw a white hooded figure hunched over in the corner, head buried into his knees.

"Jimin," Jungkook whispered to himself as he rushed towards the elder, pulling him onto his lap and hugging him tight.

"I'm here," he spoke, breath tickling Jimin's ears. "I'll always be here."

Jungkook closed his eyes as he listened to Jimin's sniffles and heaves, his heart beating against Jungkook's, giving him a peace of mind as he held Jimin close.

"I- I don't care what they say anymore," Jimin spoke into Jungkook's chest. "I don't care. But it hurts. It hurts so much."

Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut as he ran a hand through Jimin's hair soothingly.

"I know hyung. You're the strongest person I know." Another run of fingers through Jimin's hair. "You don't have to do this alone anymore. I'll be there through every step you take. If people want to bash at us, we'll get bashed together. I'll take most of the blow. But we're in this together now."

Jungkook remembered his grandmother's words.

Jungkookie, you'll find someone in the future who will complete you; someone who will love you with all of your flaws, someone who will cherish you the way you are. And when you do find that someone, your heart will skip beats and your soul will melt into a soft puddle. When you find them; hold on, protect them and never let them go.

Jungkook's long fingers wiped away Jimin's tears as the older clung to his hoodie like a koala. A soft smile grazed Jungkook's face as he traced Jimin's cheeks and his jawline, loving the tingles that ran across his hand when he touched Jimin's warm skin.

"I love you," he whispered into his hyung's ear. "And I'm never letting you go."

Somewhere deep inside Jungkook, there was a huge army ready with lethal weapons screaming 'protect him'.

And that was exactly what Jungkook planned on doing.

a/n : dated September 23rd 2018. I just re-read this entire story and ewww the writing is so cringe :< I'm mad at myself wtf