Chapter 1

Italics are thoughts.

Bold Italics are text messages.

France

Champs-Élysées is one of the most well known streets in Paris. With the Arc de Triomphe on one end and the Place de la Concorde on the other, it is a busy and crowded area full of Parisians and tourists everyday. Shops along the streets were a sight to look at. Many scenic photos of couples and friends were taken in that place.

In one of its many cafes,sits a girl wearing her Tootsuki uniform. People stared at her in awe. She had this otherworldly beauty and presence that simply enticed people when they enter the cafe. Her right hand held a book she was reading and her left hand a cup of tea she was elegantly sipping. The girl gently places her cup down and looks at her left wrist.

13:30 huh

She takes out her cellphone from her purse and taps a few letters.

Where are you???

She places her phone on the table and continues to read her book.

We're on our way.

She sighs and continues to read her book. Here she was in one of the most ideal destinations to find love and yet... here she was in a cafe waiting for her upperclassman who was just 30 minutes late.  She sighed again. It was just horrible.

"If you keep on sighing like that there's no way anyone would believe that you've won the prestigious BLUE competition" A voice says behind her.

She turns around and finds Dojima Gin and Shinomiya Kojiro. She then smiles and says, "Well, it's not as if I want people to know who I am anyways." She then continues to finish her tea.

"Idiot, achievements are made for a reason and that is to be proud of it" Shinomiya Kojiro says while taking the seat across her. Dojima Gin then took the seat in the middle of the two of them. He clears his throat which clearly catches the attention of the two.

"So why have you summoned a mere humble student, Dojima-san" The girl turns her attention to Dojima Gin.

"The Headmaster would like to inform you that by the time you come back to Japan, the training camp will commence after a day or so. He asked me on whether or not you would like to rest instead in this event. However, even if you went to the training camp, it is already assured that there is no need for you to attend the Autumn Election." He said after scanning after reading the email of the Headmaster.

He turns to Shinomiya and says, "I just needed someone to drive me here." Dojima Gin looks at the salmon-haired chef with a teasing smirk, "Do you have a problem with that?"

The Pluspol awardee chef was beyond mad upon hearing the statement of the older alumnus. He was a chef not a driver or a tour guide. An irk mark appears in his forehead and continues to ramble on about how much time he wasted going to that cafe instead of being at work.

The girl stared at the people walking outside of the shop. Here she was in one of the culinary world's mecca spending with two men more than a decade older than her. Normal people would spend their days in Paris taking photos and sharing them in their Instagram accounts, visiting Paris's famous tourist spots and maybe a little shopping. However, here she was in a cafe speaking to two former first seat's.

She should be happy right? After all, it's not every day that a first year like her is able to spend time with the prestigious alumnae of Tootsuki. She stared at the streets in boredom as the two other men continued to converse with each other something along the lines "Camp" , "Saiba-senpai" and "Idiot Hinako."

The girl stands up, much to the surprise of the two chef, and walks outside of the shop. She was tired. She walked around the until she reached the Jardin des Tuileries and sat down on a bench. Her eyes stared at the people passing through hoping to get some inspiration.

However, things were on her mind. A new transfer student, Nakiri Erina taking the 10th seat, and the survival camp. It was as if there wasn't enough time. Her worries only escalated when she received a message from the director saying that she must go home by tomorrow evening.

She sighs and walks back to her hotel. The prodigy among prodigies, said to have everything she wants, can't even have time for what she wants. I never wanted any of this to happen. I just wanted to defeat that incredibly haughty princess.

Tootsuki Academy, Japan

The students of the Polar Star Dormitory was celebrating Sōma's victory against the meat master, Mito Ikumi. As usual, everyone was in Marui's room.  Some were experimented on, others simply enjoyed the time they have. A certain blue haired girl was staring at her phone filled with joy, as if she was a child that had just received a Christmas present.

"Isshiki-senpai" the blue haired girl called out to the man wearing only an apron "Suzuki-San just messaged me that she'll be home tomorrow." Megumi was smiling with joy. Miyako Suzuki was probably one of the greatest and kindest people whom Megumi ever had ever befriended. She always helped her tasting the dishes she made and helped her in correcting the dishes she made. More importantly, she is one of the people who believe that Megumi has potential. She believed that she was not just some girl in last place. Megumi was simply overjoyed that her friend would be back.

"Who is this Suzuki-San, Isshiki-senpai?" Sōma asked. He was quite sure that he had met everyone in the dorm. Not unless, it was....a ghost...

"Miyako Suzuki is one of your fellow batch mates." Isshki Satoshi says while serving Daigo and Shoji rice juice. "She went away to France during the school break to compete at BLUE in France. From what we heard, she won first place in the rookie sect."

"Well, if there was one thing you have to really know about her is that she defeated Nakiri Erina for a spot in BLUE and the cooking Grand Prix." Ryoko said sitting down on Marui's bed with Megumi and Soma. 

Shun on one of the corner of the room looks up and says, " She's nice to everyone. When Megumi was bullied incessantly, she told everyone that as long as they are in the same school people have no right to hurt her because she is just as good as everyone in this school." Soma stood there in shock. This was probably the first time he has heard speak for a long time. 

Soma looked at Megumi and said, " So she's coming back, huh?" He looks out to the windows and says with a devilish grin, "I want to challenge her hen she returns."

Everyone stares as if he was a mad man. Well, he is. 

However, Isshiki laughs it off and says, "That might as well be impossible, Soma-kun." He stopped and stared at the sky, "She hates shokugeki's and thinks that they are a waste of her time. Now, that she has proven to be the best in your batch, she probably will start going further."

"What do you mean, Isshiki-senpai?" Soma asks and looks at his upperclassman. Here he thought that he could finally have a showdown with some one strong. However, it was all pointless. 

"Well, who knows?" He says with a smile. "It is getting late and everyone should have their rest"

And with that the members of the dorm go back to their separate rooms and rest. Well, all except one. A certain red head couldn't wait to meet the one who stood above all the students in the 92nd generation. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I hope you guys enjoyed Chapter One of Brightest Star Above. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this! If you guys have any guesses as to whom the OC will be with, comment it! 

I'm really sorry if I  seem annoying with this. It's my first time publishing a fan fiction. Please forgive me :( :(