Chapter 3

Italics are thoughts.

"Sekihan is a traditional Japanese dish

"Sekihan is a traditional Japanese dish. It's basically adzuki (red) beans with rice. However, this one has been adjusted to your standards, hasn't it Suzuki-san?" Chef Inui says as she admires the plating.

In all honesty, to an untrained eye, the plating would look like a normal plating. It looked dull and plain. Until the time they would notice that adzuki beans weren't the only ingredient in the rice. Considering that the adzuki beans had been boiled for quite a time, it would give this sweet taste. However, when Hinako tasted the Sekihan there was a flash of sourness along with that sweetness that made Chef Inui crave for it more. And the soy meat that normally takes a lot of time to create was done only in a few hours. 

The girl smiles as the chef moans in ecstasy. She then walks towards the chef and says, "Well then Inui Chef, why don't you try broth. It would probably taste better than before." She tastes the broth and moans to an extreme extent. "It was as if I was transported to the ancient times. A spear of sourness and the rush of the  harmonized flavors of sweetness and sourness continues to bend under her will. It's as if a queen commands the a royal battalion for the honor of her country."

Suzuki looks at Chef Inui and stares. Just stay like that. Stay in my realm where I can assure you happiness. Once the final bit of rice is gone, this realm will no longer exist.

"You pass with flying colors. Congratulations!" Chef Inui says clapping her hands. "I've heard of your talent from Chapelle-sensei. However, I never thought that I would be able to witness it firsthand." 

Tadokoro Megumi and Yukihira Soma enters the building with only fifteen minutes left and hears the last words of Chef Inui. Tadokoro looks ahead and sees a familiar black haired figure. Her eyes widened as the person turns around and reveals a smiling face. Miya-chan. You're here. 

Miyako walks back to her station until she hears a cracking sound from behind. She turned around ans sees that it came from Megumi's station. She walks towards their station and says, "Well, looks like you guys are having fun. Would you mind if I joined?"

The Aldini twins and Yukihira pair stares at her. They hadn't expected for someone like her to come to them. She leans on the kitchen table along with the Aldini twins.

"My name is Suzuki Miyako." She says offering her hand with a smile to the blond Aldini. 

Takumi's POV

"My name is Suzuki Miyako" She said offering her hand to me. I never expected for her to be like this. I stare at her eyes and it takes me quite a while to respond. 

Out of nowhere, Isami takes her hand and says, "I'm Isami Aldini, the older twin." He looks back to me and says, "The one doesn't know to shake hands is my younger brother, Takumi Aldini."

Ah, I stared at her too much. I forgot to respond to her. I should probably just wait for everything to die down.

She smiles and giggles as Isami continues to tease me and my flaws. Instead, I continue to watch the Yukihira pair as he starts to open the range. Eggs. Kaki-no-tane. River fish. I got it. Yukihira's going to smash the kaki-no-tane and use them as coating for the deep fry! 

I turned back and saw that the Suzuki-san was no longer there. It  seemed as if this battle no longer interests her. One day for sure I will have a showdown with you. Just you wait, Suzuki Miyako. I, Takumi Aldini will be the one to stand on top of the 92nd generation. 

Miyako's POV

It was quite obvious that neither of them would win. It would be a stalemate based on the given time of preparation, aroma, and presentation of the dish. However, I must say both are quite talented. Megumi seems also to have adjusted to her partner. 

I felt a sudden familiar vibrating sound from my pocket. I pick it up and the incoming call read Shinomiya Kojiro-senpai. I walked outside of the building and took the call. 

"Where is Hinako?" He asked in an annoyed and demanding tone. Why not try calling her yourself... I stopped for a moment and breathed slowly trying to calm my mind. Don't mind... don't mind...

"She is still evaluating the other students, Shinomiya-senpai" I said in the nicest tone possible.  In all honesty, I am not the type of person to be rude. It's probably because of the lost of my adrenaline rush. "Do you have anything else you would like to discuss, Shinomiya-senpai?"

"Ah, Dojima-san told me to tell you that once you've arrived at the hotel make sure that you go with Chapelle-sensei. He said that you'll be assessed in another way." He says with an unsure tone. Please make sure that you've got the proper message. I don't want to waste effort. 

"Is that so? Thank you, Shinomiya-senpai. I'll be hanging up now." I pushed the end button and didn't give him the chance to speak. I walked back inside but was pushed back by Chef Inui who was running to the bus along with the other students. 

I sit on the middle row and reserve my seat for Megumi. As she climbs the bus, I raised my hand and called her. She sits down next to me and introduces me to her red head partner. 

"I'm Yukihira Soma, a transfer student." He says with a big grin. He offers his hand and I take it. "My name is Suzuki Miyako. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said with a smile shaking hands with him.

For the rest of the trip, I catch up with Megumi on the happenings around the dorm. She excitedly tells me on how Yukihira Soma defeated in a Shokugeki Mito Ikumi. She tells me how they had this large party for him at Marui's room and how Isshiki-senpai tested his skills.

As soon as we arrived, I saw Chapelle-sensei. I waved goodbye to the Aldini twins, Yukihira-kun and Megumi-chan. Chapelle-sensei started to walk to a kitchen in the hotel and I followed him. 

He stops at door and opens it. I follow suite and see a white haired guy. a red haired catlike girl and Dojima-senpai. I raise my eyebrows suspiciously and Chapelle-sensei starts explaining. 

"Your special assignment is to satisfy the palate of these people." He says facing towards me. "Do you accept this challenge?"

My lips form into a smirk and I say, "Of course."

~~~~~~

Hello everyone. Thank you for reading until this far. I just started this fanfiction for fun and I still do but I'm really happy that people are reading it.

Don't forget to leave comments or vote 

Thank you so much readers!!!!

-DareToDreamAbout