Chapter 13

Chosen. 

I have always wondered what that word would mean for me in the future. Being chosen, did it mean that I had to live up to my responsibilities? Did it mean that I had no choice but to reach others expectations? 

However, even with all of these thoughts in my mind, it didn't erase the fact that I was chosen. Wouldn't a normal person be happy that they were chosen for something as prestigious as the World Cooking Grand Prix? Other students stare at me in envy while others praise me. 

I, Suzuki Miyako, was someone who wasn't meant to go Tootsuki. If people had known who I was even before going to Tootsuki, they would have hated me or rather they would disagree with my beliefs. I had never intended to walk the path of light. 

However, Tootsuki had chosen me and if I wanted to survive in this school, I had no choice but to do something about it. The World Cooking Grand Prix had a qualifiers event in Seoul which would determine 4 people who would participate in the main tournament. Tootsuki had decided to apply for only a few spots and one of them belonged to me. 

Talent is honed but sense is polished.

As I sat down in the kitchen of the Polar Star Dorm, I was having the feeling of intense pressure. For some reason, I couldn't breathe properly and was having a painful migraine. However, I couldn't stop now could I? There was only a week before the actual qualifiers began and I had to win. 

As I continued to cook in pain, there was something that had bothered me. The list of participants from Tootsuki wasn't the best there is. If they truly wanted to win, they would have sent at least a member of the Elite Ten but the people they sent weren't even near the skill level of the Elite Ten. 

There's something going here and I had a bad feeling about it... 

In the next week, I had done nothing but to cook and practice for a while. I had not heard about any of the details of the shokugeki with Tsukasa-senpai. There was also very little for me to do now that I had no classes. 

However, the same couldn't be said for the members of the Polar Star Dorm who had been anxiously waiting for the Autumn Election. After Isshiki-senpai had revealed that Megumi was part of the Autumn Election during an intense game of ping pong, everyone in the dorm was praying and doing their little rituals for luck. 

I sat down calmly as I drank the warm tea while they panicked like little ducks in a pond. 

They were capable people and they shouldn't be surprised if all of them were to qualify. 

We all went to one of the school courtyards for the unveiling of the list of people who had qualified for the Autumn Election. When it unveiled, Yoshino-san and Sakaki-san hugged as relief washed over them. On the other hand, I was looking at the list of people who had qualified. 

As expected, Hayama-kun was there. 

Out of nowhere, there was a wannabe idol girl who spoke out of nowhere, "Hello! I will be your host for the Autumn Election. My name is Kawashima Urara ♥. Congratulations to all those participating in the election." She then proceeds to give a flying kiss to the audience. 

For some reason when she did that, I wanted to grab a barf bag and vomit. I hated people who were like her. People so good at pretending that you would feel disgusted. 

She then proceeded to explain the format of the autumn election and then said a message from Eizan-senpai," Then a message from Eizan-senpai of the executive committee: For the election, many VIPs, that is, leaders of the culinary world will come as guests. It is a perfect chance to demonstrate your skills. However, should you display an unsightly dish, your future as a cook might as well be over. Well, do the best you can... And that's it ♥"