Chapter 7

Suzuki Miyako's POV

"I... don't think that I can accept your proposal as it is." I say looking at Tsukasa-senpai. His stretched out to me.

I want to reach it... but

Tsukasa-senpai's eyes were composed as he looked at me. Although he was not like the other previous first seats, there was still an aura of strength and dignity that seemed to radiate off of him. Him being the first seat of Tootsuki is a huge responsibility to shoulder alone and he has probably handled it quite wall for the past year.

So why now? Why me? He looks so trustworthy and yet I can't help but feel extremely cautious towards him.

Seeing as how I was contemplating for quite a while, Tsukasa-senpai grabbed one of my hands and hugged my waist with his other hand. This lead me to a position to where I was leaning to his well-built chest.

I could feel my cheeks burn and my heart almost jumping out of my body from his sudden actions.

He leaned towards my ear and whispered, "I promise I won't let you work too hard." He pulls away but still keeps a firm grip on my hips "and if you ever need help with classes, I would be more than willing to help you."

I quickly retreated from his embrace and attempted to keep my composure. I have to remember that I am still one of the top chefs in Tootsuki. I have to keep my dignity. I should never bow down to others unless I will use them as a stepping stone or else I would have completely failed my family. As I attempt to keep my eyes devoid of any emotion, I walk past him and say, "I'll have to think about it Tsukasa-senpai." '

I excited the room with my heart still beating fast. My head was in a mess. I didn't know that to do anymore. His words continued to linger in my mind as if it was a never ending tape-record.

How could I? Although I was not as popular as Hayama and Alice, I was still a great chef. I was the one who defeated the God Tongue. I was the elusive genius of Tootsuki who represented it in the last annual Blue competition. How could i simply bow down to someone whom I even just met for the first time? Even if he is the first seat of the academy, it is still possible that I could still hold a candle to him.

So why? Why do I feel as if ... I still want to be close to him?

"Would you like to join my faction?" His voice still ringed in my head. It was nothing that I ever expected in my whole life.

I have never been placed in someone else's care nor have I ever worked below anyone. I have always lived life as if I only had myself to depend upon. I have faced and defeated my demons on my own.

I took my clothes off and head filled the bathtub. After all, there's probably too many people in the onsen right now. As I laid down the bathtub, thoughts of my past started to resurface.

Flashback

" And the winner of this year's BLUE competition is Suzuki Miyako of Tootsuki Academy!" The announcer said my name in front of the whole crowd. Confetti exploded all over the place. Although the judges were top tier members of the World Gourmet Organization, there were murmurs of praises and disbelief.

After all, how could a child win against adults?

This was what I was always proving to myself. I may not have the keen sense of taste or smell but what I do have is ability to recognize what people want. People have told me it was a useless skill. However, it is what I was born with. I have succumbed that this was what was given to me but I have never ever felt that this was what I was only limited to in this lifetime.