↳ ❝ [two] ¡! ❞

Yes, I'm rushing these right now. Oh and as per new me tradition, the ending of the chapters will include the bloom tedtalk.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Thankfully, class ended as quick as my moves. It was the first time in forever we had an actual class. It felt weird, yet exciting.

Once I reached my single apartment, I immediately jumped into bed, rolling inside the blanket and making myself comfortable. Nothing feels better than sleeping after school. Then again, maybe I'm just lazy.

'its warm...'

"Ugh where am I..." I clutched my head, propping myself up from the ground. Rubbles from fallen buildings littered the concrete under my feet. Once I looked up, I immediately realized. The once beautiful city of japan was now burning into ashes, the sky dark and grey from smoke.

What was the cause of this massive destruction? War? There was no other explanation. But why would I have a dream about war. No... This felt more of a premonition than it was a dream, yet I refused to believe.

My feet continued to take me on a tour around the broken city. It was baren, loneliness covered in the crackling sound of flames engulfing the houses, offices, stores, everything was burning down to the smallest flowers.

Everyone was already dead, I had guessed. Death was nothing new to me. I wasn't surprised when I had nearly stepped on a corpse; or whatever was left of it. It was nearly all bones and its skin was burned off. The fire even dried it's blood, leaving it just a shell of a person.

"Hello?" I called out. If everyone was dead, why am I alive? Because this was a dream, yet it felt to real.

The sudden presence of another loving human made me flinch. My senses immediately went on flight or fight mode. I was on high alert, the other party didn't come in peace.

"Upupupu." It laughed.

Black clouds dispersed, clearing a view towards a blond pigtail haired girl. Her mouth stretched ear to ear, her eyes swirled with insanity and the aura around her screamed danger at me. If there was one type of person that scared me the most, it was the people who had fallen into insanity in a moment of despair. The desire to climb up from that pitch black pit long gone and settled was one to fear for.

"You poor thing~" the mysterious woman cooed, dragging a finger under my chin.

"Who are you?" I asked, slapping away her hand.

She hummed joyously, "you'll know soon enough." I never expected a straight answer anyway. "And once you do, you'll be in a deep state of despair. Ah~ how delightful!"

I felt my body jolt up, waking me from my nightmare. It felt to real, way to real and dangerous.

Wanting to forget what had just spiraled in my sleep, I checked the clock, showing the time to be around noon. I had woken up a bit late.

It wouldn't be bad to go take a stroll in the park to clear my head. It wasn't far, so it would be completely fine.

Grabbing a set of casual clothes, I stepped out into the world, embracing the coldness of the air outside.

Maybe I could also go for a jog or a run. It had been a while since I participated in actual physical training. Ever since I moved out of the family house, I've never trained hard enough. Maybe it came with being prideful and cocky.

I shoved my hand into my pockets as I rounded the corner. I felt my fingers go slightly numb. Maybe I should've brought a sweater. Yeah, that would've been a smart move.

'thwap'

I rubbed my nose. Thank god it didn't break. Whoever I bumped into has a strong chest.

Or just lucky.

"Oh, y/n." Nagito looked down at me, his green eyes scanned my pain filled face. "Are you okay? I'm sorry to had to bump into trash like me." He continued to degrade himself.

"It's fine." I placed a hand on his shoulder already beginning to pass him. "And you're not trash."

Before I could let go, Nagito had grabbed my wrist, stopping me in my tracks. "Wait, ah..." He caught himself by the tongue. "Can this human trash ask such a talented person that kind of question..?" He was mumbling to himself, that much was obvious.

I was curious to what he wanted to say. He has always been such an intriguing specimen. His easy going nature what was made me talk to him in the first place. Though I must admit, I didn't like him at first. I thought he would be just another annoying pest I had to stay away from. Yet, he had been anything but that.

"You can ask me anything." I nodded. The guy brightens, giving me his usual small smile.

"Are you perhaps heading towards the park?"

Why would he want to know that?

I nodded my head. I was going to ask if he wanted to come with me, but he beat me to it.

"Can I, someone who is trash, accompany you there?"

"Sure, but stop calling yourself trash before my hand moves on its own."

"Yes ma'am!"

Again, it didn't take long for us to reach the park entrance. It was mostly filled with kids since it was the perfect hour for outdoor activities. The sun wasn't up and blazing and the cold wind was blowing softly. It was quite cold however.

"Are you going anywhere tomorrow?" Nagito asked out of the blue. I can't say I wasn't surprised. I never thought he was the type to care about other people's lives. He always had his own ideas and ideals.

I tapped my chin, looking at the darkening sky. "I was planning on going to the mall with Chiaki tomorrow." The white haired boy hummed in response. "A game she's been waiting for over a few months was released yesterday and she wants to buy it immediately."

"This might be a bit much, but if you don't mind, can someone like me come?" His request surprised me. Yet I had no reason to refuse, nor did I really wanted to.

"Of course you're allowed. You're my friend and besides," I shrugged, sitting down on a nearby bench. "I'm sure Chiaki wouldn't mind extra company. Especially because I'd be lonely while she browse the video game store for 3 hours minimum."

Nagito gave out a laugh, deciding to sit beside me. "If you'll allow me, then I'll keep you company."

"Your request has been accepted, my dear sir." I laughed along.

He suddenly pulled of his green jacket, placing it over me.

"You've been shivering for a while now." He kept his ever lasting smile on his face. "You can return it tomorrow."

"Ah..." My hand started to move on its own, pulling the jacket closer to my body. It was warm, and it smelled like him. "Thank you."

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩
Did you know it's 1 am as I published this.

Also, I played Genshin the entire day even though I have finals tomorrow. It didn't go to waste tho. I got dem all up on ascension and artifacts.