Chapter 3

After a fitful night of sleep, Bella woke the next morning to coffee being served on her small table near the window.

"Mistress Bella!" a voice said excitedly.

"Daisy!" Bella smiled as the little elf popped up on her bed hugging her as she sat up.

"I've missed my Mistress Bella! Daisy has been good, very good for Master Blaise, but he's no Mistress Bella," Daisy nodded her head happily having her large ears flop around. The Zabini's held several elves all that were free, but refused to leave the family they had served for many years and loved very dearly.

"I've missed you Daisy. Now I must be getting ready soon, would you like to do my hair today? I don't have the energy to fuss with it," Bella smiled knowing that Daisy would be wanting to spend as much time as possible with her.

"Of course, Mistress! Of course, Daisy would do anything for her Mistress," she popped off the bed allowing Bella to get ready.

She admired her bedroom she only saw during holidays. White with gold accents throughout the entire room. Her large plush bed with too many blankets and pillows held a replica of the night sky in the ceiling of the four-poster bed. She had books shelves all over the room alongside the window seat and fit perfectly with the white plush couches and armchairs. Bella walked into her large bathroom that held a clawfoot tub and a modern waterfall shower alongside her gleaming marble counters and tiled floors.

She stepped into a hot shower easing her muscles. When she was finished, she went into her walk-in closet that held fashions from around the world due to her many travels. Bella eyed all the brilliant colors and unique fashions desperately missing her travels already. She shook her head and reached for a navy blue off the shoulder knitted sweater along with black skinny jeans, a light tan wool coat, and brown leather booties. She quickly changed and stepped out to see Daisy waiting for her by her modern vanity she received from Blaise last year for Christmas.

"What would you be liking Mistress?" Daisy asked brushing out her wet hair which was already beginning to curl.

"I think I'd like it straightened and parted down the middle, please" she answered looking at her reflection. Without make-up, she could see how the years had worn her down. Bags under eyes, weight loss, and stress all made her look more fragile.

"That would be looking pretty Mistress," Daisy answered snapping her fingers that automatically had Bella's curls pin straight and parted perfectly. Daisy snapped her fingers again and Bella's make-up was done lightly with gold eyeshadow on her lids with mascara and a nude lip.

"Thank you so much Daisy! I better be getting to breakfast with my brother, we both know how he is in the morning," Bella winked as Daisy giggled disappearing once more.

Walking straight to the large dining room downstairs, Bella saw her brother was already there impeccably dressed in a Puddlemere shirt with dressy jeans and Italian leather boots.

"Well, about time! I forgot what it was like waiting on a woman to get ready," Blaise said dramatically.

"Arse," Bella smiled then pecked him on the cheek before sitting down in the seat across from Blaise.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you about Miles. Are you seeing him?" Blaise asked nonchalantly taking a sip of his tea as Bella buttered her piece of toast.

"Subtle fratello, very subtle. Also, no, I am not seeing him. It's going to be a platonic dinner between coworkers," she rolled her eyes. She took a bite ignoring his scrutinizing.

"I just don't want you to get hurt by some peasant who doesn't appreciate you or treat you how you should be treated," he said exhaling and rubbing the bridge of his nose. Bella stilled hearing the brother she had so dearly missed. She placed her hand on his and squeezed it.