Chapter 9

Five Years Later

"Eltanin," Bella sang walking through the rose garden. She was met with silence till she heard a small giggle coming from her left. "Where oh where could my little star be?"

She smiled hearing more giggles before she sprang on her son who screamed in happiness. Bella took him into her arms and swung him around peppering him with kisses.

"Mama!" Eltanin laughed as his mother tickled his sides. "Mama stop it! Mione mouse is going to be here soon!"

"Right you are little star, shall we go?" Bella set her son down and held her hand out to him that he grabbed on to happily. Bella laughed at her son who swung their hands together.

"Mama, I would like a haircut," Eltanin stated as they walked up the stairs to the study where Hermione would be flooing into.

"Oh? What brought this change on?"

"I don't like it long anymore it has become a... what's the word... nuisance, yes!" he said grabbing a tome and began reading. Bella chuckled watching her son. Hermione was basically making him into her protégé which is not a bad thing, but how brilliant he was still surprised her.

"El?" Hermione said stepping out of the floo she smiled upon seeing the little boy jump from the couch and run to her. She pulled him into a hug and kissed the top of his head before handing him a new book.

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, how interesting!" he said immediately opening it and reading it.

"Hey Mione, how were the Italian officials today?" Bella asked handing her a glass of wine that she knew her best friend loved after having a long day.

"Well, I got my law signed through that will allow centaurs to gain back many acres of land that they had previously lost due to wizards wanting the woods, but I think my boss Frederico is wanting to transfer me to another department to a higher up position," Hermione stated biting her lip.

"I knew you'd get that law! Wait, why do you sound like you don't want the higher up position? I thought that's what you were wanting?" Bella asked confused. She glanced at Eltanin who would undoubtedly be consumed with his new book.

"Don't get me wrong I'd love to get a higher up position, but I want it to be in my department. I don't want to be in a different department. I'm making a lot of changes in the world when it comes to the magical creatures, and I just don't think I'd get the same results if I were to be in a different department," Hermione sighed taking a sip of her wine. Suddenly there was a tapping at the study's window. Hermione went up to it letting the owl in who hooted at her. Handing an owl treat to the owl she pulled the letter from it's tie noticing it as addressed to Bella with the Zabini crest on the back.

"Bella, it's for you," Hermione said walking over to her sitting down beside her. She handed the letter watching as Bella nervously gulped and ripped open the letter. Her eyes widened as she read the letter.

"It's a wedding invitation... Blaise and Daphne are getting married," she whispered feeling the ache in her heart hit her full force. She saw Eltanin raise his head and look at her at the mention of Blaise.

"Do you mean Uncle Blaise?" Eltanin asked. Bella had told Eltanin all about her brother and the adventures they got up to as children. He knew that they had stopped talking, but never asked why.

"Yes little star, Uncle Blaise is getting married," Bella looked at Hermione. "He invited me to go."

"Do you want to?" Hermione asked shocked at the nerve of Blaise who had not tried to contact his sister in years.