Missing Mate

*This is what I believe went down with Rhys when Feyre left for the cabin*

She left me in the mud. I tried to call for her, but she kept walking, leaving me on the floor, wings slowly healing. That was an hour ago, Cassian helped me get into a tent where I now lay, tears streaming down my face trying to think about anything but my mate, and her anger at the discovery. Mor walks in, I lost a lot of blood, but I remember Feyre leaving with her. 

"Where is she?" I ask, the muscles in my back tightening, sending a shiver of pain through my wings. I fight too keep my eyes open, the last part of the poison trying to take control.

"Your wings are healing nicely" She says, not an answer. 

"Where. Is. She?" I growl. 

"I can't tell you" she says looking away. 

I sigh, trying to keep the instinct to demand to know where she is, to go to her at bay. "she's safe?" I ask instead. She nods. "Ok" I let the poison lull me into an uneasy sleep. 

I wake up with the words she told me after we visited the court of nightmares repeating through my head. I begin to dread having to speak to her agin, feel her denying me, because why wouldn't she? Im a mess, and who would willingly live a life with a target on their back? I check the bond, careful not to tug on it, and tightness I didn't even notices lifts as I realize she's ok, she's safe. 

I try to get up, but upon standing I collapse. Mor walks in 

"Don't stand yet, it's a wonder you are still alive at all" I sigh and climb back into the bed, sleeping for another two days. 

        According to Mor its been nearly a week since Feyre left, and I needed to talk to her. I set off before she knew what I was doing, flying to the mountain cabin that I used to go to to reflect. after a few hours of flying I finally knock on the great door.

She pulls it open and we stare at each other for a moment, me ready to fly back if she asks, but she doesn't instead she pulls the door open wider, relief almost knocks me off my feet as I walk in to see she has been painting, parts of each of us are everywhere, its beautiful. 

Word count: 411

A.N: I'm not very good at writing so please leave a comment with suggestions on how I could improve my writing, my plan with this is to just kind of write whatever random ideas come to me.