flame

Rowan awoke to an empty bed. He reached his hand across to where Aelin had been the night before, only to find the bed cold. He pulled himself out of bed, and walked down to the kitchen where he thought he would find her. He finds a different blonde head in the kitchen. 

"G'morning Rowan" Aedion grumbles over a cup of tea. 

"Morning, do you know where Aelin is?" 

"No," 

Rowan glances at the calendar, and his heart stopped. Today was the anniversary of Sam's death. Rowan knew he needs to find Aelin before she makes a severe mistake. He murmurs his thanks to Aedion and makes his way down the stairs to the lower level, and as he does he can feel a wave of heat. He turns around quickly and silently makes a cup of tea, Aedion so focused on whatever he was reading to comment. He then walks to the basement where he felt the heat coming from. The basement was stifling, and a large ball of flame resides there. Chaol and Dorian appeared to be trying to talk their way the circle. He walks by, and can see burns on their hands from the fire. 

"You two should go see yrene, I'll handle this" They caught the dismissal and left without another word. 

"Fireheart" He says and steps toward the burning fire. "Are you ok?" He asks, and steps through the flame. She shakes her head. He sits next to her, half in the flame, half out of this barrier. He hands her the tea he made. She takes it from him and curls agains him to cry. He strokes her hair as she cries. 

After 15 minutes she turns her face up to his. "Thank you" She says, her voice cracking. He hugs her closer. 

"For what?" He asks. He reads the words she knows doesn't have to say in her eyes. For staying with me even when I'm broken , for not being scared of my flame. 

Never, I'd never be afraid of you

She lifts her head to meet his and captures his lips with hers. He stifles a moan at the feel of her. "Fireheart" He murmurs as she pulls away. "Buzzard" she replies. He smiles slightly at this nickname. And Aelin chuckles, relief fills through him, and the flame disappears. 

"Listen, Aelin, I know some days are hard, but I promise you this, we'll get through each day, together." She smiles slightly and he brushes some of the tears that finally stopped flowing off her cheeks. 

Word count: 424

A/N: Ok I'm sorry this one is so short, I'm currently procrastinating like 30 things, and should probably not be writing this... EH whatever!!! ANYWAY if you are procrastinating as well then *tips hat* have fun.