The Day the Witch Made a Friend

Despite her tired look, Lelouch was just about to shake her when he saw something that stopped him;

A pool of tears that were falling off her cheeks.

~

'What am I supposed to do?' Lelouch thought, 'She's never like this. I can't even remember a day before today when she actually spoke without that emotionless tone.'

As the tears became greater, Lelouch slowly reached his hand towards her face to wipe them away. he didn't know why, but seeing her vulnerable hit a weak spot within him.

'This is just for tonight. I'll never speak of this again, and she'll be back to her old self tomorrow' he thought as his hands started reaching for her cheek.

He didn't understand why, but he had a very tough time reaching his hand out towards her face. It was as if her face was an impecible statue that was a taboo to touch, and he should stay away. Also, he didn't like this closeness AT ALL. It wasn't that he was nervous or anything, but he just didn't like the feeling. They were ACCOMPLICES. Friends were even a little over the boundary and Lelouch's comfort zone as well.

Despite all of this, Lelouch's shaky hands slowly made their way to about half way to her cheek when he carefully caressed her cheek. He rubbed it with gentleness and swiftness as if saying 'don't cry' with his hands.

The tears came more steadily now and it seemed to stur CC as her nose started to twitch.

Lelouch, his hand frozen and attached to CC's face, began to sweat violently as CC started to yawn.

Fortunanently, is was a false alarm, and CC fell back to her slowed, normal breathing. Tears were still falling, but she also had a smile on her face. Not a smirk or a fake smile, but a real smile.

Lelouch took that as his sign to take his leave and go lay on his futon on the floor so he didn't have to worry about her waking up again.

However, if he would have stayed just a little bit longer, he would have heard her say 'I'm happy' in her sleep.

~

That morning was a rude awakening for both Lelouch and CC from the second the alarm clock went off at 5:30 AM. CC was first out of bed as she hurriedly hit the alarm clock and headed straight for the shower. On the other hand, Lelouch barely heard the alarm and resumed his much needed sleep after staying up most of the night thinking about what he did.

'What if she was doing that to me on purpose? What if she accidentilly woke up and felt my hand? Should I ask her why she was crying? NO! I'm never bringing it up until it becomes convinient for me' Lelouch asserted himself through the halfway point between dreams and reality.

Meanwhile in the shower, CC was contemplating what she was feeling that night.

'Why was I crying? Even though I was dreaming, I still felt tears flowing down my face. Why though? I can't actually be feeling......feelings right? I mean, I'm still CC right?' CC said to herself as she stared herself down in the fog filled mirror. 'I didn't really say anything out loud right? I mean, in my dream I was a little mortal school girl having a normal life without this hellish code. There even appeared to be a boy beside me in my dream, but I couldn't see him fully. The thing that worries me is that I said "I'm happy" in my dream. Did I say it in real life? Did Lelouch hear it? He better not have heard because I am far from happy being his lttle safety net in this circus he's gotten ourselves into'

Sighing, CC gave one last look at the mirror until saying 'Remember you are CC and an immortal witch.' to herself before walking out the door.

Outside the door, Lelouch was still sleeping soundly in his futon. He had finally managed to get some decent shut eye when he suddenly saw the worst image imaginable. He couldn't make out the actual person, but he saw himself as a normal high schooll student living a normal high school life with a normal looked like girl friend, Even worse, it was as if they were leaning in to kiss each other! However, before Lelouch's and the identified person's lips got to touch, Lelouch awoke with a startling scream.