The Day the Witch Showed Some Emotions

.

“Yeah, but in the end, it worked out, right? That means there’s hope for me, right?!” Rivalz pleaded with him as he rubbed his tears off his cherry red face. Confused, Lelouch replied without thinking.

“Yes, I mea- What are you talking about?”

“Well, you’re CC’s boyfriend, aren’t you? She just told us!”

“She what?”

.

As the words slowly made their way to Lelouch’s ears, he battled with himself to control his rising temper and urge to tackle his infernal witch of an accomplice to the ground.

‘His girlfriend? Girlfriend?’ Lelouch repeated in his mind a thousand times to make sure his ears weren’t playing a cruel joke on him.

‘Zero? Lelouch Lamperouge? Lelouch Vi Britannia? She isn’t my girlfriend, let alone friend, in any of those personas! Girlfriend! What a laughable joke! Who would willing let her-’

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted as he looked up to see Shirley’s amethyst eyes overflowing with tears. However, those tears weren’t of happiness and he knew it by the way her voice was shaking when she asked, “Lulu! It is true? That CC is your girlfriend?”

‘What a horrible situation!’ Lelouch returned to his thoughts, ‘If I agree then I actually have to pretend to be that witch’s boyfriend! On the other hand, if I deny it, I’m sure she’ll make up another rumor!’

Meanwhile, CC, who was getting bored and annoyed at how long it took for a response from the sudden mute boy, decided she would answer the sobbing babies in front of her.

“Oh Lelouch you don’t have to lie anymore! After all, you…...you wanted this for so long. Ever since we were kids! Now I finally feel the same way about you and you don’t want others to know about us? I thought you would want everybody to know how happy we are together! Was….that a lie?” She stated with fake tears in her eyes as she looked at Lelouch with a sad face.

Seeing her like this made Lelouch’s spine crawl. It was like getting a cold chill from getting a 100 degree fever while you have a whole house worth of blankets on your lap. Everything about the situation felt as if it were a crazy nightmare as he saw all of his friends crying and leaving huge puddles of tears all over the floor and CC speaking in a very shaky voice different than her bland monotone one along with an innocent smile on top.

‘This was definitely a nightmare.’ Lelouch concluded, ‘My double life has finally caught up wit me that’s all. Little sleep and running a huge corporation like the Black Knights will do that to me right!? That’s right, just a horrible nightmare. Just a-’

“Lelouch, dear look at me! You look as if you are going to faint! Your hands are sweating and your face is really red!” CC stated worriedly as she went up to Lelouch and placed her hand against his forehead while placing her free hand on his while completely forgiving him for his stuttering. “I know you love pizza so why don’t we go get some?”

Lelouch looked into CC’s golden orbs with a look of true horror written all over his face. Just when he had finally broken free, Milly butted in and responded, “Then I guess you really are CC’s boyfriend huh Lelouch?”

“…..-CC let go!-……-CC LET GO OF MY HAND! AND WE AREN’T GETTING PIZZA! C-” Lelouch fought back but was interrupted by Shirley who was standing a fair distance away from everybody else.  

She did not look good.

Her body was shaking just as hard as her voice had been earlier, and her breathing wasn’t in its normal pattern. Her fists were clenched in two shaky fists, and her emerald eyes were filled tears that were flowing down her red, puffy face.