Ch.7 The New Cutie Mark Crusaders

Night Light is walking around the castle where he is trying to practice teleportation cause he thinks his cutie mark will be magic. "Come on, Come on" says Night Light as his horn starts to light up with a dark reddish-pink glow. Night light then teleports only a few inches were he was. "Oh come on!" says Night light. Twilight then walks by to see Night light trying again to teleport.

" Hey Night light, why don't you go outside and play you never see your friends that much anymore" says Twilight. "But Mom, I wanna try to earn my cutie mark by magic" says Night light as he shows his flank to her. "There are other ways to get your cutie mark, outside activities could be one of them" says Twilight. "Fine Mom..." says Night Light angry at the fact he has to go outside.

Night light walks to the castle doors and tries to use his magic. Twilight sees this and flys over to him and uses her magic to open it for him. Night light frowns again and walks outside. Night light decides to go to sugar cube corner for some ice cream. Ice cream always helps him think. "Ugh, I know there is way to earn my cutie mark with magic. I just got to try." says Night light making his way to sugar cube corner.

After a little walk he makes it to sugar cube corner. Night light attempts opening the door with his magic but fails and waits for people to walk out so he can get in. 2 ponies the walk out and Night light goes in.

"Oh hey Night light! Welcome to sugar cube corner, what would you like!" says Pinkie behind a counter with cakes all over on top of it. "Just some mint ice cream please" says Night light. Coming right up!" says Pinkie. Night Light walks over to a table and takes out a spell book for beginners.

"I got it Mom!"      "No cloudy d—" says pinkie. A young dark blue filly the flys out carrying a tray with different ice creams on it. However she flys to fast and crashes into a table and flings ice creams every where. "Oh Cloudy...." says pinkie covering her eyes with her hoofs. Cloudy get up and sees the mess she made. "Oh my, I'm really sorry about this! Let me clean up!". Cloudy skies quickly flies behind the counter and grabs napkins. Wiping down the table she notices Nightlight has ice cream all over him. She giggles and cleans him up. Pinkie Pie walks over with more ice cream, setting it down gently on the table. "Mom, I'm really sorry I just haven't earned my cutie mark and I thought serving tables would help." Cloudy skies says sitting down at the same table as Nightlight. "Honey, sometimes it takes time to figure out what your special talent. It could happen today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, or maybe the very next day after the day after tomorrow". Cloudy skies, now pouting, slams her head on the table. "I'm guessing you want ice cream?" Says Pinkie trying to cheer up her daughter. Cloudy skies nods her head and Pinkie walks off. Nightlight tries to open the book up, however it's now covered in ice cream. He slams the book but looks at the trash. He slowly tries to levitate the book into the trash and barely succeds. Out of breath, he looks at Cloudy who receives her ice cream and sadly eats it. "So I'm guessing you are trying to find out what your cutie mark is as well" says Nightlight trying to make conversation. "Yeah, but it's a lot harder than I thought.." says Cloudy munching on ice cream.

"Well, I mean, I am trying to figure out my special talent too." Nightlight points in the direction of the book in the trash. Cloudy looks over and awkwardly smiles. Then, an idea pops into her head. "The cutie mark crusaders can help us!" Cloudy says with a gasping face. Nightlight realizes she may have a point. "That sounds like a great idea!" Nightlight smiles. The two finish eating ice cream and leave bits for Pinkie Pie. They run out the door to the crusaders hideout.

They make it there and knock on the door. Apple bloom is the one to answer. "Hello y'all, how are you doing?" says Apple bloom holding the door. "We know you guys are the professionals, so we need your help finding our talents." Cloud and Nightlight say in unison. "We would love to help but unfortunately we aren't doing our jobs anymore.." says Apple bloom hanging her head down in shame. "WHAT!?" The two look at each other in shock. "We are sorry, all of us have special someponys that we need to stay home with. Not only that, but Sweetie Belle is going to have filly soon." Apple points to Sweetie Belle. "We understand.." Cloudy and Nightlight look at Apple Bloom. They notice a familiar pony in the background next to Scootaloo. They over hear the conversation. "Sorry Ice Storm, we just need to retire." says Scootaloo. "But aunt Scootaloo--" Ice Storm looks at how sad Scoot looks. He simply looks down and flies out.

"Thanks for your time Apple Bloom!" Cloudy and Nightlight quickly run after Ice Storm. They catch up to him and grab his attention. Ice is a light blue foal with dark and light blue hair. He is the son of Rainbow Dash and is older than Cloudy and Nightlight. "We noticed you tried to convince your aunt to help you." says Nightlight. "Yeah, but she claimed the crusaders weren't helping with cutie marks anymore. "So you are trying to find your talent too?" says Cloudy. "Too?" questions Ice Storm. The pair show him their flanks. Ice Storm takes a look and laughs. "I guess we have something in common then." Ice proceeds to stop flying and land on the ground. All the sudden Nightlight gets an idea.

The 3 race to the hideout once again and knock on the wooden door. Apple Bloom answers again. "I thought I told you--" she is quickly cut off by the three. "Apple Bloom, we were wondering if we take over the job? We could help other ponies with their problems." Apple Bloom thinks it over and calls over Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. "What you guys think?" Apple Bloom says pointing to Ice Storm, Cloudy Skies, and Nightlight. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle smile and nod. The three walk inside and awe in amazement. The hideout is completely empty and could use some decorating.

"You guys will have to figure out what your own talents first but helping people who are in need could be a good start." Sweetie Belle says with glee. Just like that, the old crusaders walk out with boxes as the new crusaders start their own journey.