Chapter 3 - My First Uber Ride!

June 4, 2016
—————————

~Dusk Acosta~

Feeling small wet strokes on my cheek, my eyes fluttered open aching from the blinding morning light. I reached for my glasses on the nightstand, only to pause as I felt soft fur brush against my moist cheek. I smiled already realizing it was Rain, stroking his fur I set him back down on the pillow just next to my bed, plucking my glasses in the process. How he got on the 3 to almost 4-foot tall bed, was above me.

Laying back down with a huff I studied the speckles of dust floating just above my head. My eyes adjusted from the long slumber that kept us asleep through the evening into the night and woke us to the next day. I was amazed to see a painted ceiling, not just an atypical color but a mural, I smiled looking up into the mesmerizing replica Van Gogh, Starry Night which was most likely just wallpaper but I still loved it.

Clearing my throat and pulled my self to sit on the full-size bed Grace and I had shared. My warm bare back pressed against the cold wooden headboard. I almost wanted to cry and kiss every inch of this room. Almost.

It wasn't the fact this room was different to me or that it simply seemed like I hadn't just moved here no less than 24 hours rather I lived here my whole life. It was the fact that this room I had overlooked yesterday was- gorgeous. There was no other word to put it. All the walls-except one painted a matte forest green color-had bookshelves installed and was stocked to the hilt with different genres. It was a colorful mirage of stories that went from cliché fuzzy romance to sweaty hands, keep the light on horror stories.

To my right, Grace slept with nothing except the soft thick duvet, who was I to judge her habit of being completely nude when sleeping, it wasn't like I was interested in her lady bits-or any female bits. I always considered that a bit strange. How I had problems with men yet I was attracted to their gorgeous muscular form, and when they did any physical activity, the way it tightened and the sweat trickling down the tan toned bodies and don't even get me started on their big, thick- Anyways. I guess you I could say I had 'daddy issues' Grace had told me what that meant with my constant nagging of all the things I missed while I was gone.

Though I had missed two years of my life, it seemed like more. I was never really linked with social media or technology for that matter, there could be flying cars for all we knew, and I wouldn't learn about them until Grace would complain how they didn't have the simplest feature.

I looked beyond, there was a wooden platform. On top, a desk made with the same dark oak wood from the platform, it held a silver rectangular wrapped gift with a red Christmas bow on it. Aside from the gift, the desk was cluttered with red and gray head sculptures and a tall mug that read 'Lazy People Fact #1582729: You were too lazy to read that number' that held a different variety of pens in it.haha! Very clever I scoffed rolling my eyes, and focus on the leather patterned butterfly chair tucked slightly under the desk with a colorful fuzzy Sherpa blanket resting on the right-wing. It's fuzzy edges nearly kissing the cream wool rug.

The black and white abstract paintings that could make a person wonder what the artist was feeling at the moment of their masterpiece, were placed in available spots around the room. The nightstand next to my bed held a teal antique lamp with a retro phone as its base. And stacks of crates holding vinyl records, from Queen to The Ramones that I could not destroy for my life, were placed right next to it.

To a normal person, this room would seem a cluttering mess, but I was no normal person. With a telescope placed right next to the window which had a window seat covered with weird 'fuck off', Spongebob and Star Wars throw pillows. It was beautiful, it was as if someone looked into my brain and explained it all out in this room. On the opposite side of the room where there was the only actual wall was a small desk pressed against the corner, holding something peculiar.