Chapter 4 (p.2) - The Carousel, Monocle, & the Satchel

•_•: Hey my little Butterflies! 9500 thousand fudging words! Now I know this chapter is rather long, but it does cover a lot. I want it thought through and well written, not just 'I did it last minute and this is just my draft but here, enjoy the sentence/paragraph that you will re-read three times before you understand it'. I was planning on making this chapter a three-parter, but I don't think that will work, so I decided on just taking some things the characters were supposed to do in this chapter off (but if you do wish for the third part, leave a comment and I'll publish).

ALRIGHT! Let's get back on the 'To be continued...' love story. I am also trying my best and hopefully will be updating more frequently–probably(cross your fingers) ^_^

August 6, 2016
—————————

~Dusk Acosta~

"How's that bandage treating you?"

I unconsciously reached for my forehead, flattening the bandage. I threw a quickly glanced at myself through the small mirror and noticed how bloodshot my eyes had gotten from keeping them open in the pool full of chlorine.

"It's fine," I said smally, still soaking wet, we stepped out of the small washroom.

The hall was less crowded than the foyer, seeming that only people who could barely hold their alcohol were sitting on the floors of the hall, moaning and groaning next to their own vomit. I knew it was probably past midnight, I could see a group of girls sleeping in the room at the far right, the door left ajar, without a thought I closed the door gently.

Looking over at Shawn's shoulder, I could see some of his raven-black stubble growing out. His ginormous shoulders seemed to shift on another from the way Shawn moved his narrow hips. I didn't know why my eyes were looking anywhere but his own, after the moment in the bathroom I wasn't sure I ever wanted to see them again. And avoiding them like the Black Death did not help my blushing cheeks. It's cause if you do get a good long look, you might get a nose bleed, idiot. I sighed.

Biting my right-hand pinkie finger's nail as I followed Shawn like some lost puppy into the crowded living room, where he assured me Grace would be at. I wasn't so sure how I looked, I did only take a glance in the mirror. Of course, I still walked like I with my feet slightly facing inwards and of course, my wide hips swayed.

Unlike my usual average self, Shawn had taken off his shirt–with privacy, of course, no way I'm looking at his body if I can't even look at his face. He now had on a dark navy hoodie, along with his dry tan leather jacket. He had radiant tan skin, which had given a beautiful contrast to his icy blue eyes, and highlighted every muscle perfectly.

Back in the restroom, he had cleaned my wound, there was only one bandage in the entire bathroom that was hidden under a box of condoms.

So when I got weird looks I thought it was for the reason of wearing a Blues Clues band-aid, or for being drenched in pool water. But little did I know the whispers were of the tall, handsome boy walking in front of me, his cold hand wrapped around my wrist loosely.

Most of them were just now noticing me, many slowly stopped dancing to nudge their partners and point to the short guy with foggy glasses and his irritating aftermath of getting his hair wet, which was now curly and fell on his head like a mop, or me.

As we headed for the couch, there seemed to be shoes thrown on the rug. My dirty grey converse was now a two shades darker from the water and the jeans were starting to chafe within my thighs. After we reached the leather couch, Grace was nowhere to be seen, Shawn threw a quick 'stay here' and left towards the other hall on the opposite side of the one we had just come from.