Un-break my heart please

Please enjoy this continuation of my one-shot What Did You Do With My Heart? ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS LIKE AHH! (And thank you for the support when I needed to take a break :D)
It surprisingly only took Rich about 4 months to get over the breakup. He still liked Jake, but he's fine being the pinning friend from now on. So that's why he was so freaking confused when he was hanging out with Jake that he started saying somthing to him about it. "Hey Rich." He started slowly. "I made a giant mistake, and I don't know if I can fix it." Rich turned to his friend. "What do you mean?" Jake opened his mouth to say somthing, then closed it then opened it again to say "Like, ya know... us? That's if you even want to get together again.." he mumbled that last part. Rich's eyes went wide and he immidietly went "YES!" Jake looked really relieved. "Wait what!? I never thought that you would take me back!" Rich shook his head as he leaned in. Jake got the hint and leaned in as well.
BEEP BEEP BEEP.
Rich woke from his peaceful slumber and looked at the clock ugh, it's only 5am he thought bitterly as he got out of bed and showered. Another hour passed and he headed out for school. Once he got there he went straight to his locker and put his bag in there and got out his school stuff. As he was walking towards his homeroom he heard his name being called "Hey Rich my dude!" He froze. Jake! He thought in panic as he turned around and there he was, walking towards him. "Hey Jakey-D, how are you?" Jake held out a hand for a fist bump and Rich fist bumped him. "Pretty good, me and Madelyn broke up last night. Man she's a bitch!" Rich felt a bit of happiness but then he pushed it down not today gay thoughts, not today. "Ah then good that you got rid of her then!" Rich was avoiding saying anything with the letter S and he was hoping that Jake wouldn't pick up on it. "Hey I gotta go to class but, we're still on for lunch right?" Rich nodded and said "Hell yeah dude!" Then walked off towards his class, with unshed tears in the corners of his eyes that he was mentally telling to fuck off.
After all Rich is just fine being the pinning best friend,right?