09; sky person

"The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination."

― Richard Wright

➳ ➳ ➳

THERE WAS NO IMMEDIATE REACTION IN NAOMI'S INSTANCE THAT TOOK PLACE. Kahina turned towards her, still clutching onto Noe's arm. The girl stared towards Finn and Clarke. Her chest ached with anger and disappointment, sadness and the distinct feeling of failure.

Raven screamed, somewhere against the fence-line. She fell to the ground, wailing towards the sky as Bellamy pinned her to his chest.

To lose a family—what a terrible thing.

Kahina wrenched her forward. "Come on," she said. Naomi let the grounder girl pull her towards the Skaikru gates. She clutched lamely at Kahina's arms. The two made it to the camp entrance, Naomi still gazing towards the scene. "Do you want me to take you in?" Kahina asked, clearly concerned.

Naomi snapped out of her daze, softly shaking her head. She drew her gaze up to Kahina. "I can manage," she said, swallowing. Then she looked up again. "Are— are the girls safe? Are they alright?"

Kahina nodded. "Ley and I have been looking after them. They're doing well. They miss you."

Naomi nodded stiffly. "I miss them too. Tell them: I'll be there soon. Very soon."

"I'll tell them," Kahina said. She withdrew from Naomi. "Ste yuj, Graunshila. I'll see you soon." Kahina left her side and walked back to the Trikru encampment. Naomi turned back to her own, gazing up at the high structure of the Ark, and wondering how she'd face the decisions she'd made.

➳ ➳ ➳

The hot sun beat down on them from above, casting long shadows of trees along the trail. The air was warm and dry.

Naomi walked side-by-side with Bellamy. She gazed at the trees above, watching small birds flit between them. Broken leaves crushed beneath their feet. Ahead, Raven rode on the back of a cart, and Clarke walked behind her. Naomi could just about feel her skin burning.

Clarke was gazing intensely into the forest beside the road, almost in shock. Naomi furrowed her eyebrows. "Clarke, are you alright?" Stupid fucking question, Naomi.

Clarke blinked once again at the tree-line, muttering something to herself. As if suddenly remembering where she was, she snapped her head back towards Naomi. "Yeah," she said, too quickly. Naomi sighed, crossing her arms loosely over her chest.

Bellamy spoke from her side, "You did the right thing."

She nodded and looked ahead. "Now I get to live with it." She pursed her lips. "You still think this truce is a bad idea, don't you?" Clarke asked Bellamy.

Bellamy turned his head towards her. "I think we're wasting our time with politics while our friends are in trouble."

"We need their army to get into Mount Weather, Bellamy, and you know it," said Naomi.

"Their army has been getting their ass kicked by Mount Weather forever. What we need is an inside man: someone to be our eyes and ears."

"Forget it. It's too dangerous," Clarke said.