10; separate

"Let our scars fall in love." 

― Galway Kinnell

➳ ➳ ➳

NAOMI SAT WITH HER FEET UP ON THE TABLE. The room was tense: Abby and Clarke pacing, Raven kneeling on the ground, and Bellamy and Octavia by the gates. Kane came to sit beside Naomi. She rolled her eyes as he did so, but said nothing.

"Lexa needs this alliance as much as we do. She's shown herself to be flexible. She listens to you," he told her.

She chewed her cheek. "Lexa has listened to me too many times. They might trust me, but not when I'm vouching for my people." She inhaled sharply.

"You're a good leader," he told her. She raised her eyebrows and looked at him. "Really. They all believe in you."

Naomi intercepted him. "They think we tried to kill her."

"But we didn't. So let's figure out who did. Who would want her dead?"

She leant back in the chair and clasped her hands over her lap. Bellamy, Octavia and Clarke had tuned into their conversation now. "The Ice Queen, but she's not here. Her son, maybe. Those are the only specific people who would want Lexa dead. But there are no Azgeda here, so it's not a possibility."

"A lot of people want her dead," Lincoln put in. "Forming an alliance with you was a risk. Especially after what Finn did to this village."

Octavia nodded. "So it had to be someone trying to break the alliance."

Naomi placed her head in her hands, thinking. Who would want the alliance broken? Too many. What if they did it to protect the commander? Indra, perhaps. Or Gustus. But it was too risky: why would they risk such a thing?

The gate opened behind her. Multiple people stepped through, the first being Nyko. He watched her with hopeful eyes. "How's Gustus?" she asked.

"Gustus will live."

Indra stepped forward. "Take her away." Warriors stepped into the room, making a straight line towards Raven.

"What are you doing?" Kane exclaimed.

Bellamy stepped forward. "She didn't poison anyone!"

"I argued for all of you to die," Indra snarled. "But the commander is merciful. She wants only one."

Naomi moved in front of Raven. "She's innocent!"

"I don't care."

Someone grabbed Naomi by the arm. A guard wrestled her out of the way. "Hey, let her go!" she exclaimed. He wrenched her backwards by the hair before shoving her into Kane.

"The rest of you are free," Indra said. "When she's dead, so is the alliance." She turned towards them. "You should run."

They followed Indra out of the room and into the light. Naomi was forced to cover her eyes as she emerged out of darkness. The commander stood opposing a large post, dagger out and shining in the light.

"I take no joy in this, Raven," she was saying. "But this time, justice will be done."

Naomi pressed forward, stopped only by Kane's hand. "We need to save her." Raven was shaking in absolute fear, arms tied above her head and tears in her eyes. She trembled as the commander walked forward.