Chapter 1

The harsh, cold wind blew through the dark street of Gotham City. The streets were deserted, not a single car nor person to be seen, there would be occasional barks from dogs and hisses from the cats that lived on the streets. Some of the dumpsters would topple over and collapse thanks to the frequent cat fights. The city was barely lit that darkness consumed most of the city, especially at the abandoned warehouse.

The team could barely see anything from the catwalk that was completely covered by the shadows. The warehouse they were in was a machine factory that made powerful and heavy duty machinery and was known to make robot parts but was later shut down when the machines made started malfunctioning all of the sudden. The owner of the machinery didn't have enough money to clear and remove the machines used and some unsold machinery and parts so now it's just an untouched warehouse.

The team was supposed to stop a trade that was supposedly "world threatening" based on the intel the Justice League received. Even though it sounded unreal since that was basically almost every evil scheme of every villain, the League couldn't take any chances so they sent the team to the location stated in the anonymous tip.

"How the hell are we supposed to know if they are here?!" Wally yelled in the mindlink. "We can barely see anything except for Rob over here! How the hell can you see anything?!"

"Well, this is Gotham. He's probably used to this already," Zatanna replied.

"Yeah, the kid grew up here and started being a superhero at the age of nine, what do you expect?" Rocket added. "And he is called the Boy Wonder for a reason."

"Can you guys stop talking like I'm not here," Robin sighed in the mindlink still looking below the catwalk and looking for any signs that the traders were there. The mindlink was silenced once more with a sigh from Wally.

"Why are we here again if the League isn't sure if the intel given to them were real or not? Some of us has better stuff to do," Superboy growled.

Artemis rolled her eyes at the clone. "Like what? Watch more static?"

Superboy turned and glared at the archer. "Well unlike me, you are just a-"

"They're here," Robin cut off Superboy and leaned more further to see from the catwalk.

"Did you bring the disk?"

The voice echoed throughout the warehouse. The voice was low and gruff and had a bit of a Russian accent. The owner of the voice is most likely over 30.

"Yeah, did you bring your end of the bargain?"

This voice was soft, the group of superheroes barely heard it but the voice had a heavy American accent and also a hint of a Spanish.

"Why of course, don't you trust me?"

"Good, now hand it over."

"Go!" Aqualad yelled in the mindlink.

Robin smirked and let out his signature cackle and flipped over the railings and dived down. The rest of the team jumped down after him, used to this already.

Once they landed on the ground, the rest of the team managed to see the two dealers.

The first man was holding a floppy disk and wore a suit and even had a blue neck tie and fedora. His other hand went under his jacket and brought out a gun, pointing it in Robin's direction.

"A floppy disk? Really? That guy needs to get out more, like what year is he living in? 1998?"

"Oh for the love of-, just shut the hell up!"

"How did you find us?!" The second man screamed in shock. This one wore a black hoodie, gray sweatpants and a baseball cap. His left hand outstretched to get the floppy disc while his other hand was holding a metal baseball bat. He raised his metal bat pointing towards the heroes.

Robin cackled in response and started sprinting towards the two not caring if there was a gun pointed at him.

"Robin! Wait!" Aqualad yelled in the mind link but the Boy Wonder was too focused on ending this already. Robin was off edge the whole time since Batman told them that the mission was in Gotham.

The first guy started shooting at the thirteen year old but he just started dodging it like it was no big deal. Once the first guy noticed that he was doing nothing he quickly pulled out a remote and pressed a couple of buttons and the next thing they knew the building exploded.