Chapter 5

Previously on Revelations:

"I did all the scans that I can and he's perfectly fine, he just needs to wake up now."

"What happened."

"Before that, can you explain to me why the readings are saying that Robin has superpowers?"

~~~~~~

"So? Are you going to answer my question or not?" Black Canary crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the Dark Knight.

When Batman remained quiet, she continued to question him.

"I'm their counselor, Batman. When I said that I should know vital information about them, I'm pretty sure Robin having powers is vital.

"Wait-wait-wait-wait-wait, did I just hear her correctly or did I hit the ground too hard. Robin, my best friend, the kid I met since I was 11, has powers?!" Wally yelled in shock, his mouth falling open like he was smacked with a fish.

Batman didn't say anything. "Is he stable."

It wasn't a question, it was a demand.

Black Canary just glared in response but answered nonetheless. "Yes, he's stable but you better answer my question. This is a big secret and can be vital information for the League!"

"Why bother asking?" Superboy scoffed. The team looked at him in shock. Nonetheless, he continued. "He's obviously just going to lie or ignore you. He doesn't obviously trust us!"

"Do you actually think that he would allow Robin to join the team if he doesn't trust us?" Wally spoke up. He was still clutching the unconscious thirteen-year old's hand in a death grip. His face was actually serious and gave Superboy an icy stare that actually unnerved the team.

The room was deadly silent. No one spoke as Wally and Superboy stared at each other in a heated glare, both heroes not backing down from one another.

After a few tense minutes, Superboy scoffed and turned away, folding his arms over his chest. When the tense atmosphere started disappearing, Batman suddenly turned and opened a holographic computer and pressed a few things and pictures of younger versions of Robin started appearing all around them.

Some of the pictures were a nine-year-old Robin. One of them stood out from the rest of the nine-year-old pictures of Robin. The Boy Wonder was smiling at the camera. It wasn't his usual smile though, it was a small smile and it didn't look like he was completely happy.

The second group of pictures looked to be taken a year after the first picture. He looked happier in these pictures but his eyes were always trained on something that wasn't shown in the picture.

The third group also looked like it was taken a year after the last photo but this time, he wasn't smiling, he wasn't even looking at the camera. Majority of the pictures of Robin were him fast asleep but even in his sleep, he looked troubled.

The last group of photos looked like it was taken a year before the team was formed, so around when he was twelve years old. He was smiling cheerfully at the camera at this one, the closest to his smile right now compared to the rest of the photos.

"Why are you showing us this?" Black Canary asked, making the team take their eyes of the picture. Well, except Wally. His eyes were glued to the pictures of the younger days of the Boy Wonder.

"Those pictures are taken every year since he became Robin," Batman spoke. He walked over the thirteen-year-old who still laid still on the medical bed. "Ever since I took him in, things, once a year, would arise."

"His powers," Wally spoke, looking away from the pictures and looked at Batman, his face devoid from emotion. Batman didn't even look at Wally when he said that, he only started to thread his fingers through the thirteen-year old's hair.

The Team, including Black Canary, stared in shock at the actions. Batman, the Dark Knight, the Caped Crusader, the most feared person in all of Gotham was showing them weakness. Well, not really but for them considering he is the Batman, it was.

"I did it to protect him," Batman finally spoke.

"Protect him from what?" Black Canary questioned. "He has been surrounded by super-powered metas for nearly his whole life. He is part of a team that is mostly super-powered teens. What is there to protect him from?"

"This is not up for debate if Robin chooses to let you know, he will," Batman responded. He turned to leave the room but stopped when Wally spoke up.

"Wait... it's Robin who wants to keep it a secret?" the speedster asked, his voice soft and weak.

Batman just stared at the speedster and turned and left, leaving the question unanswered.

The room was shrouded in silence, no one knowing what to say nor what to do. It was instantly broken when Superboy stomped out of the medical bay, going to the direction of the lounge.

Black Canary sighed at this.

"Go and rest, you can visit him in the morning," Black Canary spoke up and turned to follow where Batman went.

"But how about Robin, we can't just leave him here alone," Raquel said, her arms folded over her chest.

Zatanna was about to step up and say that she'll stay to watch over him tonight but she was beaten to it by Wally.

"I'll look after him tonight," Wally said, his hands still clutching the thirteen-year-old's hand.

Aqualad was about to say that they should take shifts but stopped himself when he saw how Wally stared at the unconscious Boy Wonder. In the end, he just nodded and motioned the others to leave the medical bay.

Artemis was the last one to leave, she stared at the redhead but his eyes were only on the ebony haired boy. With one last look over her shoulder, she turned and left, closing the door behind her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Long time no see... Sorry, I've been very busy with senior high school and since my school is just so extra, I also have to problem about college stuff... yay... I'm not sure when I'm gonna update again but I'm starting to do this thing where if I update this book, I will update my other book, and then I will update this book again, you get the point. So I hope I won't get too sidetracked and all... Sorry once again, see you guys next time