Chapter Three - The Separation

"Okay, so Jack what's this all about?" Sam asked. "I just wanted to see you." He said calmly. Sam sees the drink in his hand. "How many did you drink?" Sam asked. "Not enough." He replied. "Are you serious? I'm calling your wife." She hissed. "Samantha, don't you dare call her." He shouted. "What's wrong with you Jack?" She finally asked. "Tiffany and I are getting a divorce... I think... Our perfect marriage of forever will now be terminated." He said and chugs the scotch in his glass.

Slowly, Samantha texts Tiffany where Jack is and what's happening to him. "Sam, you're her best friend. I always had a crush on you. Can we please be together?" Jack says and then vomits in front of her and passes out.

"Okay, Jack. I'm getting you a cab and taking you home." Sam said and grabs his left arm and let's it rest on her shoulders. Jack doesn't complain or wake up for that matter.

Sam arrives in soho and brings him up to Jack and Tiffany's penthouse. She gets greeted by Tiffany, "Tiff, a little help please." Sam says. They carry Jack to the guest bedroom and let him rest.

"Thanks for calling me and bringing him home, Sam." Tiffany said. "Hey, it's never a problem." Sam replied. "Tiff, can you do me just one favor?" Sam asked.

"What is it?" Tiffany asked.

"Can you please stay out of my life already? Don't let Jack contact me at all. I'm busy and I don't want the paparazzi following me or reporting false news about me. I have my own life and family to protect. Please." Sam begged.

Tiffany's reaction was quite surprising and sad. "But Sam..." She was cut off. "Tiff, please. I know we were all best friends back in high school... But things have changed. I've changed. So please, stay out of my life." Sam said. Tiffany was silent for a while and then said, "okay. I'll... We'll leave you alone." Tiffany nodded and just like that, Sam was gone.

Tiffany went up to Jack's room carrying some hangover cures. As she enters, she sees Jack so devastated and so sad. She brushed her fingers through his hair and she kisses his forehead. She goes back into her room and gets changed and heads to her event.

Jack wakes up, he looks at the clock and it was 8:30 in the evening. His head hurt and was shocked he got home. But there was one thing he didn't forget, Tiff's fashion show. He figured it'd be too late for him to go after her and he didn't feel well. He turned on the TV and Tiff was on it.

"So Mrs. Parker, tell us, what was your inspiration for this line?" The interviewer asked.

"The olden times. They were just so unique and so authentic, add it with a little elegance and there you go. Old things always fascinate me that's why I figured why not let it be the inspiration for this line."

"We haven't seen Mr. Jack Parker tonight, why is he not here?"

She laughs, "Well, Mr. Parker is at home resting. He has the flu and sadly, couldn't come to the event tonight. Honey, if you're watching feel better!" She said and blows a kiss to the camera.

"That's adorable. Thank you for answering some of our questions, Mrs. Parker. Hope to see you again."

"No thank you. It was nice meeting you. Bye."

And just like that, she was buzzing and making her way through the carpet alone and answering a bunch of questions. Jack turned the tv off and went back to sleep.

The next day, Jack woke up to an unexpected surprise... He saw Tiffany beside him. He blinked twice to see if he was just dreaming. This was the first time they slept in the same bed since three years ago. Wow how time flies.

"Tiff?" He whispered. Her hands were on his chest as they cuddled on the bed.

"Sweetie?" He said.

"Sweetheart?"

Now with eyes half open she sprung up and distanced herself from Jack.

"Tiff why were you in my bed?" He asked.

Tiffany now pacing back and forth trying to recount her evening.

"What time did you get home?" Jack asked.

"I-I don't know." That's all Tiff could muster up and then she stormed out of the room.

"Hey! Wait wait! Tiffany come back here." He shouted as he followed her out.

"What was that about?" Jack asked.

"What was what about?" Tiffany retorted.

"Did we? No way. Did we sleep together last night?" He blurted out.

"Ha! No we did not I assure you that." Tiffany said proudly.

They both had this embarrassing look on their faces like something weird just happened to them or something.

"Oh my gosh, why are we both denying the fact that we did it last night? I mean isn't that the point of being man and wife? Sleeping together... In the same room? Right?" Jack said as he starts to chuckle. "Who are we kidding? What have we become, Tiff?" Jack asked in a concerned tone. Tiffany just glared at him, not saying a word.

"Tiff, if you're not gonna say anything to save this marriage it's fine. This charade has gone on for too long and I'm not playing it anymore. I'm tired of living a lie and I don't wanna be part of it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love you it's just that there's nothing more to hold on to. And quite frankly, I'm still willing to work on it but it can't only be me who will put a lot of effort into this. You have to do your part too! Whatever your decision will be, I'll be sure to honor it..." Jack said. He waited for a while, "Well? Say something Tiff!" He said.

"Can you at least give me a couple of days to think these things over?" Tiffany finally spoke up.

"A couple of days would be fine." Jack said and went near her to hug her.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'll be at my brother's for a couple of days in Rhode Island. I need some time to think and some space too. So if you don't mind, I have to go change and pack some clothes." He said and went straight to his room.

After a while, Tiffany was sitting on the couch in the living room and scribbled some stuff on her pad - Jack (fresh from a shower) got his work bag and some clothes he put in his travel bag.

He wore a white collared long sleeves shirt, charcoal colored cardigan buttoned down vest style, khaki brown blazer and fitted slacks, brown leather belt and brown suede with lace casual shoes.

"Tiff, I'm picking up my car at the bar and then I'm headed to Rhode Island. If ever you need me I'm just a 3 hour drive away, okay?" Jack said

"Okay." Tiffany assured. She stopped scribbling and hugged Jack before he left.

"Bye Jack."

"Bye Tiff."

Is this the end of Jack and Tiffany?