Chapter Five - The Biggest Mistake

Jack parks his car and hurries to his penthouse. When he arrived he looked for Tiffany. "Tiff! Tiffany! Where are you?!" He shouted. He went into the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom....

Until he saw her on the balcony of the stairs overlooking the living room.

"Tiffany?" He asked.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Before you could say anything, I just wanted to say... I love you. I love you with all my heart, with all that I am and with all that I can offer. I was wrong to run away from this. There's no place in the world I'd rather be, than with you." He said while breathing heavily.

"Sarah Tiffany Oakley Parker, even though we argue and fight a lot, nothing will ever change how much I love you more every single day." He said and tore up a little. Tiffany cried and sniffed, "come here." She said. Jack runs to her and kisses her like it was the end of the world. He carried her to her bedroom and they made love for the first time in a year.

The morning after, Jack left a note saying he'd gone out to get coffee and food. Tiffany then goes to the guest room where her mom is staying.

"Mom, guess what?"

"What sweetie?"

"Jack..." She was cut off.

"Yeah I know he professed his love for you last night and you did it in your room."

Tiffany laughs, "Mom, you're embarrassing me."

"Now go back before he comes home to an empty bed."

"Alright." She giggles, "Thanks mom, for everything."

Her mom just gives her a smile as she goes back to reading her book.

As she goes out Jack sees her, "Jack!" She said. "Oh you're awake." He said. "Yeah." She said. "Who's in there?" He asked. She laughs, "My mom." She said. "No way! Why is she here?" He asked. "I invited her." She said. "Let me go say hi." He said.

He goes into her room and he greets her mom. Tiffany goes inside her room and changes while Jack went downstairs to set up the things he bought.

Tiffany goes down to the kitchen and sees two tickets on the dining table.

"What's this?" She asks while holding them.

Jack stands on the other end of the dining table, "Those are two tickets to Greece." He said.

"What? Why?"

"Go with me to Greece, let's try to fix our marriage and enjoy a trip together. We haven't done that in a while."

"This says tonight, I have deadlines to catch and designs to finish. I can't just pack and leave work for this!"

"You're seriously picking work instead of me?!"

"Jack, my work is important to me! I can't just call them up and say 'oh I'm leaving for a month to go to Greece to be with my husband'"

"Are you seriously implying that you can't have a month off to be with me and fix our marriage. What the hell is wrong with you, Tiff?! Are you so buried in this whole of fame and fashion that you don't have time for your fuckin husband who is, by the way, more important than work?!"

"My work comes first, I've worked so hard to get where I am and I don't want to mess it all up by being with you."

"You know what, fuck it! If you're work is so important to you, then fine, marry your damn work while I file a divorce with the woman I so deeply love. Have a good life, Tiff!" He shouted and walked out on her - left the building. Tiffany starts to cry and retreats in her office.

He calls up his mom, "Mom, it's over. I'm done." He said and hangs up. He contacts his friend who happens to be a helicopter pilot then turns his phone off and drives to the place.

"Jack! How are you, buddy?" His friend asks.

"I'm fine. So are you headed to where I'm going?" Jack asks.

"Yeah! We'll drop you there."

"Thanks for letting me ride your copter, man."

"Oh it's never a problem. Anything for, Mr. Jack Parker."

"Thanks buddy!"

So as soon as the helicopter landed on the helipad he puts the bag he packed to go to his brother's and puts it inside the copter and then he follows. Then they flew, slowly leaving New York City.

"Tiffany?" Her mom said as she enters her office.

"Come in, mom."

"Where's Jack?"

"I don't know."

"Did you two fight again?"

"Yeah and this time it was serious... We're getting a divorce." She said and breaks. Her mother hugged her and she cried on her shoulder.

"What am I gonna do, mom?" She asked.

"What did you do?"

"I told him I needed to work and can't go with him to Greece."

"Tiffany, set your priorities straight." She lectured.

"Mom, work is my number one priority!"

"Sarah Tiffany Parker! Listen to yourself. Work this, work that, work is important blah blah. Your husband is trying to fix what's worth fixing and you're not even close to trying. Honey, work doesn't come home everyday and hug you or make you feel good. Work doesn't support you, it's pulling you apart from the people you love!" Her mom said. "Now I have to go, my friend and I are meeting up for brunch. Decide wisely, Tiffany. Because every choice you make counts." And then she leaves.

Tiffany opened her laptop and tried to search for Jack. She tried the find a phone app but his phone was turned off, she tried to call him but got voicemail, she tried to search the tabloids but there was no news yet. She did everything she could but she never found him.