Chapter Ten - The Divided House

"I am Dr. Anthony Dreyfus. I've got good news and bad news." He said. "The good news is that your wife is okay, she'll be awake in a few hours from now. The bad news, well your wife lost a lot of blood. The steel bar pierced her... Ovaries. Which caused a lot of internal bleeding and damaged her... Ovaries. I am so sorry to tell you that, we lost the baby. The baby was still in its premature state and it was hit. Sir, there's a probability that your wife won't be able to get pregnant again. I am so sorry." He said.

Jack got angrier and punched the glass wall causing it to break and wounded his fist. Tiffany's dad and George pulled him back and made him sit down. Xavi and Tiff's mom followed Dr. Dreyfus to Tiff's room.

"Get a hold of yourself. You're acting like you're a child!" Charlie, Tiff's dad lectured. "Jack, I know this is hard on you. It's not easy for me too, but you have to be a man and face the reality..." He got cut off.

"It's my fault. I never should've left her in Venice and let her drive up all the way to Rhode Island. (Sobs) it's my fault! I did this to her!" Jack cried out. George slapped him.

"Jack, pull yourself together, chap! Tiffany wouldn't want you to cause a scene. At least she's alive." George said.

"If you want to see your wife, you have to get your act together. This is pathetic, Jack. We're all hurting inside and broken but you don't have to lose your temper and cause damages. This is not you, Jack." Charlie yelled and manhandled him on the chair.

"Charlie, just let go. Let him breathe." George said.

"You don't know how I'm feeling (Charlie let's go, Jack stands) Losing Tiffany would mean losing everything. I love her so much and I'm not ready to lose her. I vowed to love her til death do us part, but I don't want her to part from me yet. There hasn't been a time that I was never thinking about her, she's always on my mind. If she dies apart of me dies, and I would have to live my life in torment. I have a lot of regrets and mistakes but now I understand why. She gives me clarity, makes me feel loved, she's my everything and if I lose her, I'd lose myself too!" Jack yelled as tears fell from his eyes then he walks away from Tiff's dad and George and tries to find Tiffany's room.

He asked the nurse to lead him to his wife's room. When he got there he looked through the window the blinds were half open. He saw Tiff's mom hold her hand as Xavi puts his arms around his mom. Tiffany wasn't awake yet and he didn't want to disturb them. Tiff's dad and George finally caught up to him and waited with him outside the room.

"I don't know what I'm gonna say to her." Jack opened the topic. He puts his hands on his face and leaned forward to get the blood rushing. "I've been up since yesterday and what it's like three in the morning today. I don't know what to do." He said. "Just tell her the truth." Tiffany's dad said. Jack gave a loud sigh.

"Guys, she's awake." Xavi said as he goes out the room. Tiffany's dad goes in except for Jack and George. Then after Tiff's mom and dad left the room, Jack went inside and walked to the side of Tiff and held her hand.

"Hi Jack." She said her voice still weak from the operation. "How are you feeling, honey?" He asked. "I feel frail but I'm fine." She said weakly. Jack didn't say anything and just held her hand. "So how was your trip, sweetie?" She asked as if nothing had happened to her. Jack cleared his throat, "Uhm it was okay. Tiff, listen there's something I have to tell you..." He trailed off and looked away. He couldn't bare looking at her.

"What is it, Jack?"

"T-the doctor told us that w-when the steel bar p-pierced (long pause, looks down and closes his eyes) your o-ovaries... They damaged them too. A-and he said there's a possibility that you m-might not..." He trailed off.