Chapter Nine - Remember Today

Mornings in Indian Shore Lake are bright and sunny. James woke up early to go for a jog, followed by Tim who took out the boat and rowed from end to end. Jack prepared breakfast while George slept in his room.

After a while, Tim goes back to the house looking so sweaty from all the rowing. "What's for breakfast?" Tim asked. "Eggs, bacon and lemon juice." Jack said. "Alright. We're still on for that hike right?" Tim asked. "Yeah. After breakfast." Jack replied. "Okay, I'll just change clothes and get my stuff ready." Tim said and Jack nodded in agreement.

Then James arrives to the house and at the same time George wakes up. "Top of the morning!" George said in his British accent and crashes on the couch as he looks at his messages on his phone. "Good Morning everyone." James greeted as he rushes to his room to change for their hike.

"Breakfast is ready!" Jack called out. He then set the plates and utensils and layers out the food he prepared. After a few minutes Tim and James go down and all four of them sat on the dining table and ate like kings.

"Jack, this is actually good." Tim said. "Loving the crispy bacon." George said. As they ate in peace, they were quickly disturbed by the phone ringing. Jack stood up and went to get it.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Is James Kennedy around?" A familiar woman said.

"May I ask who's calling?" Jack asked.

"This is his wife, Emily. Is this Jack Parker?" She asked politely.

"Yeah! Good morning, Emily. Yes, James is here I'll call him for you." He says as he brings the phone to James.

"James it's your wife." He said. James smiled and took the phone from Jack. He then went outside the backyard and talked to Emily.

So Jack went back to the dining table and the three of them (Jim, George and Jack) kept on talking as they waited for James to come back. George finished his food first and enjoyed some of the coffee he brewed, and exchanged a few emails on his phone. Tim read the newspaper while he ate and Jack read the new Times Magazine issue.

By the time James got back Jack had already finished his food as he enjoyed his lemonade while Tim still kept on eating his food and George still busy answering his emails.

"Okay guys, I just got some very important news from my wife." James said.

"What is it?" George asked.

"Emily and I are expecting another baby!" He said enthusiastically.

"Oh my goodness! That is great news, James! Congratulations buddy!" Jack said as he goes over to James and hugs him.

"I'm so happy for you, James." George said. "Congrats James." Tim said.

"I can't believe it guys. I'm just so happy right now." James said.

"Save that energy for our hike in a while." Tim joked. James nodded and laughed as he resumed eating his breakfast.

----------------------------------------------

A couple of minutes later, the boys went out for a hike in a nearby mountain. As they travel with their backpacks on, they encounter some animals on the way like squirrels, birds, bugs and many more.

"Don't stop!" Tim said. "Don't think about how hard it is getting to the top. Cause you know the view will be worth it!" Tim added.

"Easy for you to say, you're an athlete." George retorted as he gasps for air.