Chapter 7

Your knee recovered completely.

You were laying on bed thinking you should talk to jungkook about it.

"I'll ask him once he'll be home", you thought.

"I can do it now. I am all healthy."

You waited for him to come home so you could talk.

The sun went down while the moon took it's place.

"I am home!", jungkook said. He closed the front door.

"The dinner's ready.", you told him as you placed fried rice on table.

                          * * * * *

"The baby couldn't survive. I am really sorry but we tried our best. Your wife is stable but no one's allowed to meet her right now. She'll ask about the baby once she will gain her consciousness. We haven't told her about the baby's death. It's better if you hide it from her for a few more hours. She has already gone through a lot.", the doctor advised jungkook.

He could feel his heart struggling to pump. It was like all the blood in his body froze.

"The baby couldn't survive...", this sentence echoed in his ears.

His eyes begin to water. He cried. It was surely first time he cried in all those years.

He sat down on a chair near him. His body felt heavy.

Every muscle every nerve felt numb. What was he going to say to you.

Each and everyday you both had talked about the baby.

Everything around him felt lifeless and meaningless.

"I couldn't even hear the baby cry once. So it is how it ends..", he thought to himself.

He sat there for hours without knowing.

"She's asking for you. You can go inside now", a nurse came and informed him.

"How am I going to face her? How am I going to tell her?", his heart was beating faster now.

He went inside with heavy steps and heart.

"Jungkook! Ah you're a father! I can't believe it! Mother! I am a mother now!", you exclaimed.

Your happiness couldn't be described in words.

"But why do you look so down? Ah I know! It's a boy.. isn't it? You wanted a girl! Don't worry we'll have another one soon!", you were so excited that you couldn't figure out what really was going on.

Jungkook nodded a little.

"Where's the baby? I wanna hold him!", you said.

Jungkook stood there watching you all happy and excited.

You kept asking about the baby.

He couldn't take it anymore.

"Listen...", he said. "The baby....", he couldn't complete his sentence.

The words weren't coming out.

Even if they did, they made no sense.

"The baby.... what! ... just tell me the gender already!", you said as your eyes glittered like never before.

"The baby died", he said.

                        * * * * * *

"You and I need to talk.", you said.

"Woooahhhh... that's new", he laughed.

"I was thinking if we ....should try having a baby again", you said. 

His expression changed the moment you said that. More serious this time.

* * * * * *