3. The Explanation

JUNGKOOK'S POV
"Hey, Jungkook!" Jimin shouts from the inside of his treehouse as I breathlessly clamber up the ladder in the middle of the night, "Let me take that off you." Jimin reaches for my heavy backpack and takes it off my back onto a hook on the wall, taking a huge amount of weight off of my shoulders. Literally.

Jimin had suggested to have a sleepover with me, just the two of us... I just hope mother doesn't punish me again..?
Once I reach the top I take a minute or two just to take a few deep breaths before glancing up at an unsuspecting Jimin looking through my diary! I practically pounce on Jimin onto the ground, snatching the red notebook out of his grip rudely and pressing it up against my chest possesively.

"Who have you permission to read my-"

"I didn't know you write stories about the seven of us, Jungkookie. I need to know how the story ends!" Jimin begs me on all fours and poking his bottom lip out with big puppy like eyes, "I want to know how the Jungkook in your story becomes a super badass hero!" Jimin exclaims with energy and punching the air.

"Well..." I start to debate whether I should roll with the flow and read what Jimin thinks is a story or tell Jimin the truth about this 'story' being my reality. In fact, this story is about what is going to happen 3 or 4 years from now, "I didn't make myself very 'badass', I mean, I do have powers and all. However, I'd say you're one of the best heroes in this!" I explain in a narrative voice and smiling up at Jimin whose eyes fill with wonder and excitement.

"Tell me what happens after you find us after the zombie apocalypse? Do you die?" Jimin lays flat on his stomach and starts to munch on the popcorn and sip my banana milk.

"Welp, I haven't continued writing, but I'll continue right now if you want?" Jimin nods his head repeatedly and I click my pen loudly. You see, these diary entries are actually visions from the future and I only see the future when I simply close my eyes. Although, this sounds cool and all... it's really terrifying what will happen to the seven of us, "We are all running away from the crowd of zombies and we're talking about... let's see an escape..? We're about to be killed by zombies! Jimin starts to relax when he realizes that there is a helicopter coming to safe us. We all shout as loud as we could in unison, flailing our arms around nonstop, like maniacs. However, they can't see us, are they blind or something? I finally capture their attention with my slightly bloodied dagger, by reflecting the sun's light towards the pilot's view. They land their helicopter on top of the abandoned building and we all climb on top of each other to get inside happily... except for me..."

I open my eyes widely, staring at a confused Jimin who is sat cross-legged on the ground returning my intense gaze immediately. I stand up to my feet and staring down at my hands that are trembling. I can't seem to grasp onto any stable object so my weak legs won't give up on me. Unfortunately, I stumble backwards into the corner of the treehouse and I curl into a ball as Jimin snaps out of his trance and crawls over to me worriedly.

"Oh my- Jungkook! What's wrong!?" Jimin shakes my shoulders, waves his hands in my face and even pinches my arm only to get a subtle reaction, "Hyung is right here for you! Jungkook..!"

"W-What am I doing? G-Get on the helicopter, y-you moron! THEY ARE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!" I yell at my 'future self' while flailing around in Jimin's tight embrace...

SLAP!

"H-Hyung..? Y-You just hit me..?" I caress my bruising cheek as Jimin clings onto me while letting out a shuddering breath. Our foreheads pressed against one another, hands intertwined and I'm sat on his lap comfortably, we stay in this position for a while until I've fully recovered and analysed what I had predicted in the future, "Jiminie-hyung..? Why would you leave me to die?" Jimin is taken back by my sudden attack of a question, but doesn't hesitate to answer my unnecessary question.