Little By Little

Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

England sighed as he walked out of the world meeting room, the meeting had ended early. He was the last one out, France had asked him if he was okay but he just told him that he wanted to be alone at the moment.

The man leaned on a nearby wall and slide down it. He put his head in his hands and just sighed.

He didn't know anymore.

He just didn't know.

His kids didn't trust him, well actually Canada was coming around a bit. He was talking to him more now which made him happy. But his son was going through something and couldn't talk to him about it.

Well..... when you think about it. He had brought this on himself.

Trust, it may be a small word.

But it sure was a powerful one.

"What's wrong with you?" A voice asked.

He looked up to see Massachusetts, "Life."

She sat down next to him, "I know right?"

He looked at her, "Don't you hate me? Why are you even bothering to talk to me?"

She sighed and looked at him, "I do hate you. But you looked miserable and I couldn't just pass you by like that. So, let me ask you again. What's wrong with you?"

"Let's just say when someone puts their trust in you. Don't be ignorant and break it."

"Ohhh, so your talking about Al."

He looked at her, "How'd you know- I mean.... How did you know!?!"

She shrugged, "I mean, when I ask him if your his dad, he stiffened. Like as if, he didn't know or wasn't comfortable talking about you. And based on your relationship with him....... you had to break some kind of trust with him."

He sighed, "I can't believe that I'm talking to a seventeen year-old girl-"

"It's 18."

He rolled his eyes, "Well excuse me, an eighteen year-old girl. But, if you must know. A long time ago, Alfred and his siblings put their trust in France, Spain, and myself. And we-we broke it, horribely. We're trying to make it up now but, they still don't trust us that much-" He sighed and blinked the tears back.  

She nodded, "I can see why. I don't know what you guys did to all of them. But I do know that you countries put Al through alot. Especially the Great Depression," She sighed, "That was pretty rough."

England closed his eyes and sighed "I know."

"I still wonder how he keeps going throughout all he's been through."

England stopped and thought about it. How did America keep going? "So do I," He sighed and looked at her," I'm so sorry about Boston."

Emma nodded, "You know, your not that much of a dick as I thought."

England sighed, "I'm such a horrible father, if he even sees me as that." 

"I think he does but just isn't sure he can trust you which would kinda explain why he stiffened when I asked if you were his dad," She got up, "I think you need to give him time and if he starts spending more time with you then he trusts you again. But that'll take awhile especially after whatever you did to break his trust," She walked away.