Kayaking

Stop saying
'I wish,"
Start saying
"I will".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next day, Alfred woke up and stretched. He laid in the bed for awhile before eventually getting up.

"I guess I can go out for breakfast," He said before leaving and heading to the shower.

After he got ready, he headed out and hopped onto his motorcycle to drive to a nearby town.

He drove to a diner and sat down at the counter for a breakfast.

"What can I get you, sweetie?" The waitress asked.

"Just a biscuit, some bacon, eggs, and orange juice, ma'am," He responded.

She nodded and walked off.

Alfred heard laugher and turned to see a man and his teenage son joking around. He slightly smiled and turned back around sadly.

The waitress came back after awhile and set his food down, "I don't mean to get in your business but, what's a handsome young man like you doing, looking so sad?"

This caught him off guard, "Just....." He sighed, he knew that he shouldn't be telling his business to a complete stranger but just felt like he could trust this women, "I needed to be by myself and think. Just be alone."

She nodded, "Things not going right in your life?"

He shrugged, "I guess if you put it that way...... My dads-" He paused, "I mean dad, adopted me and my siblings we all used to be close but then.... he started to put work first and it was so lonely without him," He frowned as memories of those days washed over him, "No- Now he's trying to make it up and I want to believe him but-" He sighed, "But-"

"It's hard," The waitress finished for him.

He just nodded, "I want to believe him but..... I don't know," He's voice trailed off.

"You wanna know what I think?" She asked.

Alfred just shrugged, "I guess."

"You wanna trust him but your scared so your not letting yourself do that."

She's saying the same thing, Argentina said.  

"Sweetheart, I think you should let yourself trust again. Your protecting yourself but you really want to trust him. If he takes advantage of it again, then he never deserved it to begin with and never deserved to know you or your siblings at all," She gave him a soft smile, "But if he's really trying, then I think he really wants another chance," She fixed her ponytail, "I'll leave you to your food now," She said before leaving.

Alfred nodded and ate his breakfast before leaving a tip and walking out. He hopped onto his motorcycle and drove back to the cabin before starting to take a walk.

He thought about what the waitress had said thought back to the few times he talked with his fathe- England. He had told him that he had meant what he said.

And France.

And Spain.

They had all said that they had meant it, but what if they didn't?

What if they just wanted to hurt him again? What if they were just lying? What if-

Wait.

What if they had actually meant what they said?