Chapter 2

Hours past

I had stepped out of the shower into my room and got dressed. It was traditional that we all wear white for the full moon ritual, so I slipped on my dress that Jordan bought me for my birthday last year. It was a strapless a-line ball gown that was just amazing.

After getting the dress on I did my hair in a braided bun, and then did my make-up. I took me an hour too get ready mostly I was wasting time so I prolonged somethings.

I headed down stairs and saw Jordan in a white tux. He was insanly handsome. He was 6'0 so he toward my 5'6 build. Had muscles that made all the girls drool, sandy blonde hair, and green eyes.

I never saw what all the other girls saw in him. To me Jordan is like the big brother I never had. I could tell him anything. He was my best friend and he looked out for me.

"Jordan?"

"Yes Nikita."

"Did you happen to go for a run today after I left the training field?" I asked wondering if it was him that followed me.

"No I stayed here to help perpare for this evenings festivities. Why did something happen?" he asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Ok, well lets get this festival started then." I said smiling as I walked past him toward the door.

Close to the training arena in a larger field is where everything was set up. Six foldable tables that where packed with food. And about ten foldable tables where everyone could sit and enjoy themselves. In the center was a fire pit where we lit a bonfire. Everything was incredible. Decorations hung from trees and the tables. Someone was kind enough to act as dj for the night right now I think they were playing techno. Which is not my fortay rock, pop, and country are more my style. Oh well I'm not complaining the pack seems to enjoy it.

Looking around at everyone enjoying themselves I find the ex-Luna Gwen and ex-Alpha Ryker walking towards me. I wonder what I've done this time if I was in trouble or not. Judging by the smiles on their faces I'm in the clear.

I was then presented with a gigantic box that was wrapped in shiny wrapping paper with a red bow on it. With a look of confusion I took the box from them and naturally shook it to see if I could guess at what it was.

"Don't just shake it silly girl open it." Luna Gwen told me smiling.

As I started to tear the paper carefully not wanting to tear it so I could save it. It dawned on me what today was, what it really was not just the full moon but it was also the one day of the year I dreaded the most. Some people could say I actually hated this day with a burning passion, not because its the day i got life but its the day that my parents met their demise. To me this day could just be another day but everyone had to celebrate it just because. Today was October 13th.

Its offical it's my birthday I am 19 finally so glad to be it only took 19 years to get here. I open there gift and its an elegent purple gown kinda like the white one I'm wearing now it was the a-line ballgown type it was beautiful purple with amethyst jewels (fake im sure) sewn into the chest area. I was truly shocked they amazed me again this year.

"Thank you so much guys, I absolutly love it. It's beautiful." I said with a grateful smile.

"Your welcome, and we know you despise today but we have one more gift for you it's in your room." Alpha Ryker said.

"And we promise no party" Luna Gwen quickly added before they left.

I loved those guys. They are the best parents anyone could ask for, but they aren't my true parents. Sure they treat me like thier kid like Jordans baby sister but I miss my parents and though it is getting easier because I barely have memories of them what I do have I cherish them. But none the less I wouldnt want to loose the ex Alpha and Luna for nothing.

~~~

After the festival I made a beeline for my room only to have Jordan stop me.

"Nikita wait one sec we got pack stuff to discuss." he said half smiling.

"Jordan I'm falling asleep standing here is it really that important it can't wait til morning?" I asked.

"You have to be up early tomorrow we have to go to a Alpha meeting." he told me with that he left me to my thoughts.

I ran to my room and changed clothes not to fast though because I was shocked. I got into bed hoping for sleep because tomorrow would hold adventurous tales.