Chapter 16

Last night was amazing aside from the dream I had about my folks. I woke up and looked at the clock it read 6:00 a.m. I tried to roll out of bed to start my day but I was engulfed in my mates arms. I grab my pillow and prepare myself to switch positions with it. It worked I slide of the bed with ease and start to walk to the closet.

After grabbing some sweats and a tank I start my normal routine. After my shower I head to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and a bagel. Breakfast is over time for training. I still follow my beta training steps. Which is bench, squats, lunges, and a five mile run. Every other day I mix it up and hit the punching bag and do the training course. To cool down I do yoga or tai chi. I look at the clock when I'm finished it's only 11:00.

I make my way to the office so I can help with paperwork but I remember that I need to talk to Jordan and Ryder about the necklace. When I arrive in the office Xander is not there. Hmm that's strange oh well I sit in the chair I normally sit in and begin skimming over the paperwork.

I find one that needs a signature but there isn't a pen on the desk so I look through the draws for a pen. As I'm looking through the second top draw I find a pen thank Goddess and as I'm about to shut it something shiny catches my eye. I pull on the shiny thing only to realize it's a small chain. Low and behold it is a necklace. But not any necklace it's my necklace. I stare at it for a minute before I start to get pissed.

How could he have this and not tell me. As I'm about to go find him he comes in the door. If looks could kill he would be partially dead.

"What did I do this time?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

I don't answer I only hold up the necklace. His mouth forms the shape of an o like he knows what I'm talking about but he has no clue.

"Where did you get this? How come you didn't tell me you had my necklace and how long did you plan on bidding it from me?" I started throwing questions out at him my voice raising with each question.

"It was thrown onto the property by some wolves, Beta Bo found it and brought it to me, and I've had it since the day after I marked you." He explained.

"You couldn't tell me you had it?"

"I was going to as soon as Bo gave it to me I rushed straight to the house but you were asleep I didn't want to wake you up."

I was tired of listening to this I left the office and left the house. I ran to the woods and shifted. I only had one place in mind and I was going there come hell or high water. To the clubhouse. Plus I have to find out who had the necklace in the first place.

Hey lovelies sorry for a short chapter I promise the next one will be longer.